Football Forum - NFL, CFL & College Football Forums - View Single Post - If you could choose a Challenger to Bama

View Single Post

Old 12-06-2012, 09:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
MountaineersFan
FBF All Star Running Back

MountaineersFan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaChamps View Post
This is pretty simple, Bama is the SEC conference champion FL and Oregon are not. And because of the success of the SEC overall in OOC matchups particularly in the title game, SEC 1 loss teams are generally favored over 1 loss teams from other conferences. But the SEC had to earn that favor by winning six straight OOC titles.
I understand Bama being the conference champion. And everything worked out since OSU was ineligible and ND was undefeated. But what would have happened if ND had lost a game (and OSU wasn't eligible)? Does Georgia play Bama for a third time or does UF get a shot. What about Oregon or K-State, both with one losses. What about ND if they only had one loss. While the BCS lucked out on the outcome, it could have become a major nightmere. And I think preseason polls played a lot into it

I also don't necessarly agree that the past should have a baring on the present. Look at Auburn and Arkansas from the past to this year. Aubrun goes from winning it all to being dead last in the West. Should them winning the NC have any baring on anything seeing where they are this year? That is almost like saying UM gets special treatment b/c they are the all time winningest team. That means absolutely nothing today
MountaineersFan is offline   Reply With Quote