Football Forum - NFL, CFL & College Football Forums - View Single Post - NFL fines Tom Brady $10K for slide

View Single Post

Old 01-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Flacco 5

Default NFL fines Tom Brady $10K for slide

By The Sports Xchange, Special to the BDN
Posted Jan. 23, 2013, at 9:19 p.m.

The NFL has fined New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady $10,000 for his slide into Ed Reed in Sunday’s AFC Championship Game against the Baltimore Ravens.

The action taken by the league was first reported by NFL.com.

During the final minute of the first half, Brady slid to the ground at the end of a scramble with his legs raised up. He hit Reed, who was not injured, but the slide angered some on the Ravens sideline, but not Reed.
“I know he’s a great player,” Reed said after the Ravens earned a spot against the 49ers in Super Bowl XLVII. “I respect Brady and his game for all it stands for, and I know he’s not a dirty player. And emotions get going in the game.”

Reed’s teammate Bernard Pollard was less diplomatic.

“When you slide, obviously, quarterbacks know when they slide, everything is on the ground,” Pollard told USA Today on Monday. “He knew what he was doing … Hopefully, the NFL will do something about it

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/01/2...tReadBoxSports

The Tides are turning for Ravens. All these Years the refs biased against Ravens they helped the Manning brothers Brady and the Steelers. I think what it is because Art Modell died. but the NFL turns the other cheek when Irsay moved the Colts to Indy. But they didnt turn the other cheek when Art Modell moved the Browns to Baltimore.