Football Forum - NFL, CFL & College Football Forums

Football Forum - NFL, CFL & College Football Forums (https://www.footballforum.com/index.php)
-   Big 12 (https://www.footballforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Are you ready??? (https://www.footballforum.com/showthread.php?t=126575)

MountaineersFan 08-07-2012 06:55 AM

Are you ready???

Hope the rest of you are ready for the Mountaineers. It's going to be a long season for the rest of you :)

Major Seahawk 08-07-2012 07:25 AM

Big 12 is going to be fun to watch this year with WVU & TCU stirring things up

LandRun89' 08-09-2012 08:54 AM

WV Coach Knows

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountaineersFan (Post 2559862)
Hope the rest of you are ready for the Mountaineers. It's going to be a long season for the rest of you :)

Holgerson knows the team to beat is OU! Questions remain for OU but so does WV!:rock:

MountaineersFan 08-09-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LandRun89' (Post 2560005)
Holgerson knows the team to beat is OU! Questions remain for OU but so does WV!:rock:

WVU's only major concern is their defense. They lost a lot up front and a few in the backfield. Like I said in another thread, WVU's season will be determined by their defense

LandRun89' 08-10-2012 07:47 AM

Sorry, Mountaineer...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountaineersFan (Post 2560068)
WVU's only major concern is their defense. They lost a lot up front and a few in the backfield. Like I said in another thread, WVU's season will be determined by their defense

If that is the case, I'll go with OU! The media has long been a doubtful thorn on OU for the last decade. They have just reloaded and that is just a simple fact! Too many injuries for the Sooners for sure over this time frame but so many now...are not only healthy but have been waiting to get the opportunities! It is showing from last Spring til now(even with 2 OL out)! OU is loaded with talent! Their defense is awesome now with Mike Stoops back! changes were slight but very effective and productive! It is very noticable! :nod:

MountaineersFan 08-11-2012 08:27 AM

I'll take OU as well, but don't think I'm throwing my own team out the window. They have a very good chance of winning this conference this year....better chance this year than next

LandRun89' 08-11-2012 08:37 AM

Kudoes Mt'neer...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountaineersFan (Post 2560344)
I'll take OU as well, but don't think I'm throwing my own team out the window. They have a very good chance of winning this conference this year....better chance this year than next

I don't blame ya! I clearly see that OU and WVU will probably keep it respectable! OU will be just better in these next 1 to 2 years! Their recruiting is very obvious and excellent! Mack has to really make a showing this year for UT or I do believe that his tenure there in Austin will be over! Too much national talent there not to be winning more!:icon_shocking2:

LandRun89' 08-11-2012 08:53 AM

SEC/Big 12'er...

I am so glad that TCU and WVU joined the Big 12! It definitely improves the Big 12! However, I don't believe that A&M, Mizzou does anything for the SEC! My opinion of course! SEC'ers have always smacked the Big 12 and especially teams like, A&M and MIZZOU! Now, it is like this move is finding a long lost sibling for many SEC Fans! ??? To me, it is like the "My Daddy is Bigger Than Your Daddy!" fight you have when your little kid! or "The Grass Is Always Greener On My Side of the Fence Argument!" Football is always settled on the field for 60 minutes! The grass? It is just green! Water it to keep it that way! Catch my drift? :angry-smiley-032:

MountaineersFan 08-12-2012 11:11 AM

Gameday was in Morgantown for the LSU game....and I suspect they will be there again this year for the OU game. I really think this WVU-OU game will be one of the best games of the season. I was really hoping to go to that game but but I'm not able to take the extra day off due to training. But I did put in vacation for that Saturday....NO WAY am I going to miss that game

LandRun89' 08-12-2012 12:51 PM

A House Divided...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountaineersFan (Post 2560421)
Gameday was in Morgantown for the LSU game....and I suspect they will be there again this year for the OU game. I really think this WVU-OU game will be one of the best games of the season. I was really hoping to go to that game but but I'm not able to take the extra day off due to training. But I did put in vacation for that Saturday....NO WAY am I going to miss that game

My house is divided cause of family ties to Ark & OU! So I get to pull for Ark in the SEC and the Sooners in this Matchup your reference is about! OU @ WVU will be a great game! OU has new faces but their mostly loaded with return and top recruited talent again this year! It is too early to try to pick but I'll watch the next 3 weeks in each camp and try to pick points!:rock: