Big XII Thread... - Page 2 - Football Forum - NFL, CFL & College Football Forums

Old 09-21-2012, 10:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
FBF All Star Running Back

LandRun89' is on a distinguished road
Default Old School Test...

#15 KSU visiting #6 OU! It's a game that should help define the Big XII Champion Contender! If I am not mistaken, OU has won the last five meetings. OU historically does very well in defending teams who operate with running to pass!... Bob is 14-0 in ranked opponents @ home.
But the coach had some interesting stuff to say about this re-organized conference.
"It'll be a challenge," and "Hopefully our home crowd will engage to be a factor and hopefully, we can play at a upper level for a chance to win!" Bob said. Don't worry Bob, we always have arisen to the occasion! It is for sure a new refreshing look for the Big XII! KSU's offense is designed to wear teams down. The Sooner teams of the past are drawn to that type of play and have done exceptionally well! They beat, FSU, Texas, KSU and Iowa last season, all whom live and die by the run!There aren't many games like this anymore in this conference! Both teams have had two weeks to prepare for this rivalry! It should clearly define who is more than likely to step up in conference play and go on to winning the conference title...
The WRs have been spending time on their own with Landry to get timing and running routes down for this match up, as KSU could not stop this spread passing game by the Sooners last five meetings. Thing is, their running game has gotten better overall, but last week, KSU struggled against N. Texas and won in the 4th quarter by 14! Let us hope that the Sooner Defense does what they are capable of doing! Shutting the run game down! Lasting for four full quarters! If enough pressure is put on Klein and add our influence of LBs, we should gain the edge in this one!...
Boomer Sooner!....

Last edited by LandRun89' : 09-21-2012 at 02:29 PM. Reason: addage...
LandRun89' is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2012, 08:19 AM   #12 (permalink)

Thumbs down Sooners in De-KLein...

Well it became quite apparent why I wasn't sold on the Sooner Offense and in a rather dramatic fashionable way! Landry Jones stock for the NFL just died last night and I am glad for it! He had protection in the pocket! What does he do? He leaves the pocket! On our 2 yard line! ???
There are some real issues too that involve our OL and the OL Coach, Patton! For three seasons of recruiting now, he has simply failed to get top OLs to come to OU! Bob just trying to be a player developer, does what he always has had to do when in a lack of depth pinch, he takes defensive players and tries to make them offensive players! ??? Some make the adjustment out of pure talent and athleticism! However, you can't be realistic for the long haul to stay fundamentally skilled and remain physically sound!
Coach Patton is failing at his recruiting abilities! The Sooners are not getting the OLs that they want, those top HS players are just not coming to OU!...
OC Josh Heiple, is a decent play caller, but his ability to discern who is the Best RB and QB may well be on its way for the fan base to see become more transparent! That just sucks! At OU?... Wow!... Bob is not doing well, with this type of heretical thinking... It is destructive to the moral of the players and a slap in the face to the program itself!
The 3 TOs are the sole reason the Sooners loss, but the multi-rotations of RBs and not letting the Best RBs remaining in there, was so obvious and discouraging to watch! Fans started booing!
Bob should start getting top JUCOs linemen like his teacher(Snyder) does year in and year out if the OL coach is failing, not to mention that I personally would fire him if I were Bob!...
He won't do it! This is one of two major problems that Bob faces today! You let friends get in the way of good business, your going to pay dearly!... Maybe, even with his job at some point! Maybe years from now, despite his winning percentage! These type of losses and just losing in general, will not be tolerated in Norman for too long! @ Home? Good grief!...
Page #2 coming up!...

Last edited by LandRun89' : 09-23-2012 at 08:25 AM. Reason: addage...
Old 09-23-2012, 08:41 AM   #13 (permalink)

Cool Still in De-Klein...

Over his last eight games, Landry has more INTs than TDs! ??? WTH?... A simple failure in Coaching...Period!
See my point with Heupel and his inability to recognize some serious QB definciencies?... Wow!...
We have top backs at OU but it doesn't do any good for them all to get a few plays here and there if the top starting backs aren't getting enough time to paste yards on an opposing defense...
Whaley had nine carries for 51 yards. Williams went from 13.7 to still just a little above 9.2 ypc I think... He had a few more runs in the second half and so did Whaley! ??? After that, it was just throwing in the others in a minimal fashion. I am now convinced that Heupel has lost his understanding of that, it is a matter of winning...not the offense, spreading it around! ???
Wow, what a headache! These are suppose to be qualified D-I Coaches and there are a couple of them on the staff, simply failing the grade!...
22 potential recruits there last night to see the Sooners maintain their #6 Ranking... Ouch!...
Get rid of Coach Patton and tune up Heupel or sink!... It is just that simple...
I feel at this point that it is up to WVU, Texas and KSU to keep the respect of the Big XII conference close to par!... My pick in the conference polls for the CC coming up...

Last edited by LandRun89' : 09-23-2012 at 08:45 AM. Reason: addage...
Old 09-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #14 (permalink)

Default The Good, Bad and Ugly...

The Good: WR Sterling Shepard became the seventh Fr. to ever record a 100 yd. performance and had the team best with 7 receptions for 108 yds.!

The Bad:THe Wildcats time of possession was 34:47 and the Sooners had 25:13. The difference can be tied to the Sooners TOs and their own 3rd down conversion of 7 in 14!...
Roy Finch had one carry for 11 yards and never saw the ball again...

The Ugly: Landry Jones has played 6 games since enjoying a 300 yard passing game! He threw for 256, 250 and 161 against ISU, OSU and IU in last season! ??? This season, he's thrown for 222 against UTEP, 252 against aFm and 298 last night against KSU!
1 INT and a fumble on the OU 3 for a 5th year QB, who was billed as a Heisman Hopeful?... Clearly he is not anything right now!...
18, the number of times that KSU has ever beaten OU in history of their meetings!...
The OU defense was on the field for 10 minutes more than the KSU defense. That is 2/3s of a quarter more than the Wildcats!....????
3 TOs, and the Sooners were done! Landry, 1 fumble and a RZ INT! Bell on the 2, ready to score and a fumble... All three were capitalized on and put the ice on the Sooners!...
So much for my adement feelings and teachings about the importance of, "What you do or don't do with TOs, matters!"...
That is the clincher and deciding factor for the true stories of the games!...

Last edited by LandRun89' : 09-23-2012 at 10:35 AM. Reason: addage...
Old 09-23-2012, 10:24 AM   #15 (permalink)

Cool If Landry continues...

If Landry continues to play like that, you can easily expect the OU Sooners to stay and finish in the middle of the pack in the Big XII!...
If so, I can easily see the Sooners finish @ 6-6!... You can write that down if so!...

Last edited by LandRun89' : 09-23-2012 at 10:27 AM. Reason: correction...
Old 09-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #16 (permalink)

Oklahoma My Depth for OU's RBs!...

If I were the OC for the Sooners, here is a clear understanding who wants the ball but more importantly, who is getting it done!
#1 Damien Williams
#2 Roy Finch
#3 Domonique Whaley
#3 Brennan Clay

The real butt kicker is that Trey Millard is a smash mouth type of power back that needs to be utilized on a consistent short yardage down(s)with Damien Williams! Roy and Dom are and should be used in the middle of field type plays to stretch the defenses, their lateral cuts are awesome!...
Hey Heupel... go figure!...
Old 09-26-2012, 02:16 PM   #17 (permalink)

Wink So, Whats Next?...

They have two weeks to prepare again! OU LB Tom Wort answered some questions on the loss. "We're all disappointed about the loss," he said. "I think everyone knows what we have to do to get better. Time will tell if we have the maturity to rally around this. I think that we have the pieces in place."
Sounds like Tom is putting it politely that the pieces are in place and it is obvious to me that you don't single out your 5th year SR. QB who is really the broken cog in the wheel!
Landry will have to push pass this if he is going to remain the starting QB! Bob is slow to disappoint and anger when his starters of three years are in a funk slump! If a couple more losses don't cause him to change QBs, I don't know what will! Landry has got to come back in proven form or he might be sitting on the bench a lot!... Can't go down in a blaze with no glory! Good QBs adjust to new WRs!...
Coach Heupel has to adjust for simply failing to provide a better balance on the run game. He needs to reconsider the viability of his large stall of excellent RBs! Now, moving on to the 4th game!...
Old 09-30-2012, 07:25 AM   #18 (permalink)

Wink Defense Optional!...

#9 WVU and the Big XII are perfect together. Geno Smith and the High-Scoring Offense of the Mountaineers, proved they fit in the conference with a race against #25 BU 70-63 in the biggest high scoring game in the Big XII ever!
Smith tied a conference record with eight TDs and narrowly missed another with 656 yards passing. Smith out dueled BU's Florence, who broke the Heisman Trophy-winning preprocessor RGIII's school record with 581 yards. Florence threw for 5 TDs!
School, Conference and FBS marks all got rewritten in this one. THe game also set a new record for the most points scored in a game involving a team ranked in the AP Polls. The previous mark of 124 was set in #12 OU's 82-42 win over CU in 1980.
"Can you please tell me how you can improve on that?" Coach Holgerson said.
Well, maybe not on offense, but both defenses have plenty of work to do!...

That is why I had reason to go with Texas as the Big XII Champion!
Texas @ OSU... WVU @ Texas!...???
The only ones to maybe change my pick, is OU, if they and the QB situation turn it around! Big "If!"...

Here is a flip perspective to consider as the season moves along. Texas @ KSU and KSU @ WVU!...???

Last edited by LandRun89' : 09-30-2012 at 07:35 AM. Reason: addage...
Old 09-30-2012, 08:10 AM   #19 (permalink)

Lightbulb Defense Anyone?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandRun89' View Post
OU collected 7 sacks in the first two games which led the Big XII heading into this last weekend. 6 of those sacks were from the Defensive linemen. 8 of the 9 hurries were from those guys who line up in a three point stance! The Sooners hardly blitz at all in the first two games. It was by design!
Blitzes are most affective when the QB doesn't know where they are coming from. Word is that a host of blitzes will come on the appropriate down/yardage and on the right type of offenses based on opportunity and lack of protected formations! Mike Stoops had 4 out of 5 seasons with Top 10 defenses when he was here. His defenses were known to pressure QBs beyond comprehension.
I think that there is a surprise package for this team to deliver in portions through the Big XII conference play! Not everything will look the same from last year!... Let us hope this smoke screen by the Sooners in these two first games, was the calm before the storm! I am ready for a storming performance season! Do they, will they just do it?... I have a feeling Mike and Bob have been holding back and hiding a few new twists to the Sooner game plan! They have before!...
Notice that I said that the surprise package that I speak of didn't happen with KSU! Are you wondering why?...
Anyone who has enough experience knows that when facing a triple option threat QB(such as Klein, Robinson, etc...) when you try a blitz, LB, CB or even a SS...your inviting yourself to get burn from the OT to all of the outside! Leave some space and those guys are gone! LBs have to hold the gaps with the DLs!.. Period! No other choice! WVU will face a tough challenge with Klein in that 3-4 or 3-3-5, wrong defensive formation for the triple threat offense!... Wonder what will Holgerson do?... In a 4-3, he could Velcro well on passing downs and he could blitz the WLB!... Just a thought!...
Old 10-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #20 (permalink)

Default Big XII Power Poll...

This poll was acquired by votes for the current conservative perspectives from the sports writers involved in the conference.

#1 KSU (4-1, 1-0)
#2 UT (4-0, 1-0)
#3 WVU (4-0, 1-0)
#4 OU (2-1, 0-1)
#5 TT (4-0, 1-0)
#6 TCU (4-0, 1-0)
#7 OSU (2-2, 0-1)
#8 BU (3-1, 0-1)
#9 ISU (3-1, 0-1)
#10KU (1-3, 0-1)

I find that some of those arranged slots rather interesting! It appears that many feel as I do though, this may just be trying to trust things will work out for the second half of this season. Definitely, one of the most evenly matched conferences for the Top 4 or 5 teams in the Big XII!...

Last edited by LandRun89' : 10-01-2012 at 07:19 PM. Reason: addage...