Big XII Thread... - Page 3 - Football Forum - NFL, CFL & College Football Forums

Old 10-02-2012, 08:05 AM   #21 (permalink)
Keepin It Real
Photobucket

Canadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandRun89' View Post
Notice that I said that the surprise package that I speak of didn't happen with KSU! Are you wondering why?...
Anyone who has enough experience knows that when facing a triple option threat QB(such as Klein, Robinson, etc...) when you try a blitz, LB, CB or even a SS...your inviting yourself to get burn from the OT to all of the outside! Leave some space and those guys are gone! LBs have to hold the gaps with the DLs!.. Period! No other choice! WVU will face a tough challenge with Klein in that 3-4 or 3-3-5, wrong defensive formation for the triple threat offense!... Wonder what will Holgerson do?... In a 4-3, he could Velcro well on passing downs and he could blitz the WLB!... Just a thought!...
The main thing to look at in these cases is defensive formations (as you noted) but the next thing to look at is the depth of talent on the defense as well. The #1 way to stop the option is to play man to man with a disciplined defense that understands how to make changes on the fly... If it's a triple option, you have to stop the FB game... Then the rest of the team has to know how to identify the pitch man and the who has the QB...

Thanks to VIPER!
Canadian Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #22 (permalink)
FBF All Star Running Back

LandRun89' is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Speed View Post
The main thing to look at in these cases is defensive formations (as you noted) but the next thing to look at is the depth of talent on the defense as well. The #1 way to stop the option is to play man to man with a disciplined defense that understands how to make changes on the fly... If it's a triple option, you have to stop the FB game... Then the rest of the team has to know how to identify the pitch man and the who has the QB...
Correct Speed... KSU's triple option is their base offense. Here is a question to challenge your defensive savy. Klein is in a sawed off shotgun, single slot back next to him and four wide! If Klein is still the 3rd option, who is the first opition in scheme?...
LandRun89' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:37 AM   #23 (permalink)
Keepin It Real
Photobucket

Canadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Correct Speed... KSU's triple option is their base offense. Here is a question to challenge your defensive savy. Klein is in a sawed off shotgun, single slot back next to him and four wide! If Klein is still the 3rd option, who is the first opition in scheme?...
How are they running it... If it's read option play, as opposed to a true triple option (there is no FB as far as you've mentioned), so that places Klein as the #2 option, with his slot the #1 give man on his read off of the DE or OLB, and the "3rd" option is over the top to a WR. If Klein were to be the actual #1, you'd be removing the #3 option of making a throw...

Again, while it may look like Klein would be the #1 option at times, you always have to treat him as secondary... Those are the rules of option football.

In that particular formation, 3-3-5 would make that hurt, as would a 4-2-5 (so long as your LBs can cover and your safeties can bring the wood!

Thanks to VIPER!

Last edited by Canadian Speed : 10-02-2012 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Mixed up the #s... I wrote 5-2-4, was supposed to read 4-2-5
Canadian Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:45 AM   #24 (permalink)

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Speed View Post
How are they running it... If it's read option play, as opposed to a true triple option (there is no FB as far as you've mentioned), so that places Klein as the #2 option, with his slot the #1 give man on his read off of the DE or OLB, and the "3rd" option is over the top to a WR. If Klein were to be the actual #1, you'd be removing the #3 option of making a throw...

Again, while it may look like Klein would be the #1 option at times, you always have to treat him as secondary... Those are the rules of option football.

In that particular formation, 3-3-5 would make that hurt, as would a 4-2-5 (so long as your LBs can cover and your safeties can bring the wood!
Correct again!.. Very good. Please note that my post specs Triple as their base offense. From there all opitions are feasible, probable and very obvious! Thanks for being a player!...

I like and respect Coach Snyder, and I don't think that I have ever seen such a season like this ever. Most inside the top 4 or 5 teams in the Big XII appear to be evenly matched and equally talented despit some variances in scheme and theory from one program to another!

Bob Stoops was just discussing his observations on the subject of parity that he noticed even as far back as 8 years ago! I hope it is not a prelude to him finally admitting that this 2012 team of his, will more than likely get beat by talent and mistakes. I would hope that he feels more assured that his Sooners can overcome the mistakes thus far and correct them into being positive in production for a few wins this season! Any thoughts?...

Remember as you noted in type of coverage formation, DE will always make the SRB and your WLB and/or MLB will spy for the QB! Just depending on the defensive structure to dictate reads!... Kudos!...

There are few programs remaining that even have or use a FB anymore!

Last edited by LandRun89' : 10-05-2012 at 11:53 AM. Reason: addage...
Old 10-03-2012, 10:11 AM   #25 (permalink)

Wink Quick Sooner Blurb!...

Know a young man who works with the team management. He reported to me last night, that the coaches may feel that there might have been a break through for Landry during these last two weeks of preparation! Mainly, appearing evident just in the last 5-6 practice days!
Hope so, going into week 6, the Sooner are 2-1, just 3 games thus far! Probably, just as well! Young WRs are getting better on their routes. Sterling Shepard is going to be huge for us! The Fr., has been outstanding at practice and is expected to start at the SWR position, which allows Stills to return to his usual WR position! Brown still adapting well and Montoyer is still coming into his own! A very nice stout group!
OL looks better as well! Last two days, the OL has been hitting on all cylinders without much of any problems. Let us hope that they can take that into the game on Saturday! 2:30 pm cst., on ABC!...

Oh, for the fans who just can't get over the fact that Bob is not going to disclose their specific mechanical problems over to the media, just know this... He won't demean any of his players in front of the media, he has never really done that! Not only that, why do you want that media info getting out to the guys you haven't played yet? THat would be dumb! Let them discern what they think they see on video, he is not going to draw a visiual picture for the remaining coaching staffs, he has yet to face! Try to use a little common sense! Bob is!...
Anyone tired of his fundamental replies... He is just reiterating the repetitive problems that the young guys are still doing! Repetitive errors, it happens sometimes with inexperienced players. Sometimes, with veterans too! Call it a funk or whatever! Coaches and players know what needs to be done! I'd like to see some of the local press coach just at the HS level, guarantee they would fail miserably!... Funny, most coaches that I have talked to, know what it is like, during a funked up period!... It happens all the time at some point, somewhere and somehow!... Young people will be young people! Maturing in this fashion, it definitely is a process from the school of hard knocks! Watch the amateur critics!... They rant and rage, but mostly just need "something" to write about! They need to work harder for their living!...

Last edited by LandRun89' : 10-07-2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: addage...
Old 10-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #26 (permalink)

Thumbs up Bob and Heupel...

Just a footnote really, about the comment with Bob stating that the Sooner OC was down about 30 run plays from last game! See?... Nothing really gets by him! That was after the game when he stated that!
Heard there was a discussion for the lack of attention on the run game to sustain the balance! Don't think he didn't notice the number of runs from each back and their lack of!...
It will be balanced this Saturday, I guarantee you that!... He doesn't miss anything!... Everyone thinks he does, but that is what they get for just watching the game just griping and saying that there is, "Something Wrong!" Talk about not stating what is really wrong rather than just the obvious generic observations!...
Bob will keep the cat in the hat...hasn't been doing well lately!... Why?... Big Dogs, sometimes eat weak strays! Coaching and practicing, helps correct straying!...

Last edited by LandRun89' : 10-03-2012 at 11:08 AM. Reason: addage...
Old 10-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #27 (permalink)

Default Big XII, Place or Outer Space?...

Damien Williams is evidently wondering why he was recruited to OU. The physically gifted new RB for the Sooners is stating that he is wanting the ball! He said he is ready to be the battering ram!

Well, he is talented enough and has been impressive to say the least, but two other backs(Finch&Whaley)are wanting it too! Why can't the running game get going?
Why can't the QB function?... Starting to think that problems for the Sooners may still be a much deeper issue if they can't put it together in Lubbock, this weekend!

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to junk a space program but a OC or a DC can add troubles and create trials for a good CFB school! That is for sure! Wonder how the HC, staff and Sooner players will if at all, adjust for the better and play for a win?...

Hmmm!... I think that I remember that TT has the #1 defense so far, at this point of the season! If the Sooners were ever going to get the offense going, it better be now!

Last edited by LandRun89' : 10-05-2012 at 06:11 PM. Reason: addage...
Old 10-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Know a young man who works with the team management. He reported to me last night, that the coaches may feel that there might have been a break through for Landry during these last two weeks of preparation! Mainly, appearing evident just in the last 5-6 practice days!
Hope so, going into week 6, the Sooner are 2-1, just 3 games thus far! Probably, just as well! Young WRs are getting better on their routes. Sterling Shepard is going to be huge for us! The Fr., has been outstanding at practice and is expected to start at the SWR position, which allows Stills to return to his usual WR position! Brown still adapting well and Montoyer is still coming into his own! A very nice stout group!
OL looks better as well! Last two days, the OL has been hitting on all cylinders without much of any problems. Let us hope that they can take that into the game on Saturday! 2:30 pm cst., on ABC!...

Oh, for the fans who just can't get over the fact that Bob is not going to disclose their specific mechanical problems over to the media, just know this... He won't demean any of his players in front of the media, he has never really done that! Not only that, why do you want that media info getting out to the guys you haven't played yet? THat would be dumb! Let them discern what they think they see on video, he is not going to draw a visiual picture for the remaining coaching staffs, he has yet to face! Try to use a little common sense! Bob is!...
Anyone tired of his fundamental replies... He is just reiterating the repetitive problems that the young guys are still doing! Repetitive errors, it happens sometimes with inexperienced players. Sometimes, with veterans too! Call it a funk or whatever! Coaches and players know what needs to be done! I'd like to see some of the local press coach just at the HS level, guarantee they would fail miserably!... Funny, most coaches that I have talked to, know what it is like, during a funked up period!... It happens all the time at some point, somewhere and somehow!... Young people will be young people! Maturing in this fashion, it definitely is a process from the school of hard knocks! Watch the amateur critics!... They rant and rage, but mostly just need "something" to write about! They need to work harder for their living!...
Quote:
Just a footnote really, about the comment with Bob stating that the Sooner OC was down about 30 run plays from last game! See?... Nothing really gets by him! That was after the game when he stated that!
Heard there was a discussion for the lack of attention on the run game to sustain the balance! Don't think he didn't notice the number of runs from each back and their lack of!...
It will be balanced this Saturday, I guarantee you that!... He doesn't miss anything!... Everyone thinks he does, but that is what they get for just watching the game just griping and saying that there is, "Something Wrong!" Talk about not stating what is really wrong rather than just the obvious generic observations!...
Bob will keep the cat in the hat...hasn't been doing well lately!... Why?... Big Dogs, sometimes eat weak strays! Coaching and practicing, helps correct straying!...
Well, I have said and pointed out enough from the above posts. Seems like I was right about Bob and staff turning the problems around, into a functional positive final result!...

This just shows what these 2012 Sooners can do. Hope this newly found confidence and sense of rythem stays that way! Texas is up next!....

Boomer Sooner!....

Oh yeah, almost forgot! As protective and humble as Bob is with his program, I couldn't help notice how he let his OC try to redeem himself with the local media, just to keep it respectable for the fans and also, giving a local writer something to write about! When you win, it gets all the monkeys off your back as the Sooner OC! Even if your a writer and frustrated not being able to show a good effort in printing anything worth reading!...

I knew that Bob and the coaching staff would and could, turn it around! More often than not, it is just a matter of time. Even if it only takes a couple of weeks to prepare!...

Remember, I have stated on other threads, it is always a matter of consistency. Coaching and for the quality of play on the field!...

Last edited by LandRun89' : 10-07-2012 at 01:19 PM. Reason: addage...
Old 10-12-2012, 08:20 AM   #29 (permalink)

Default NCAA Approves Eligibility for New Sooner...

Oklahoma WR, Jalen Saunders was declared eligible during Wednesday's afternoon practice. Saunders a JR. Transfer from Fresno St., was cleared to play for the Sooners immediately!

"He's catching up right now, and I anticipate him helping ," OU coach Bob Stoops said. "You can't determine what he'll be able to do, but he has kept himself up with everything we're doing and he's a good player. Hopefully, he'll be able to help and play."

Saunders had 50 receptions for 1,065 yards and 12 TDs and was a All-WAC Player for the Bulldogs last season. Saunders transferred in the spring and was expected to sit out this season due to NCAA transfer rules. THe NCAA initially ruled Saunders ineligible for the 2012 season.

Stoops didn't say what changed the ruling bodys mind.

"There has been a lot of information exchanged. Fortunately, they got it all cleared up," he said. Outside the coaching staff, no one knows just how much Saunders will play against Texas. He has been working with the practice team since the beginning of the season.

WR Jalen Saunders, OU's new member to the, 2012 Oklahoma Sooners!
Old 10-13-2012, 08:49 AM   #30 (permalink)

Default Are You Ready to Rumble?...

That is the question that the Sooner faithful have for this OU team today! Coach Heupel demonstrated that the call playing could look like it did in their 2000 campaign!

The ball was distributed all over and the best thing was, the Sooners responded with good execution and very little mistakes!

Jones looked like he found himself again because he simply like the play calling! In proof of that, he even stated something to the fact after the game in Lubbock last Saturday! It is also, similiar to how Monk called the OSU offense against Texas two weeks ago!

I see Heupel shelling the Horn Defense with the run game anchoring the box and then stretching that defense all over the field. A much better understanding in how to keeping a newly found offense moving the chains and completely,remaining balanced! If the offensive line can sustain the blocking from the Texas front four, this will give the running backs a little space to burst forward and keep the conversions for first downs with short yardage to go! Same goes for the pass blocking, Landry needs to remain in the pocket, he has committed himself to getting the ball delivered to the correct WR!

I see a good opportunity for the 2012 Oklahoma Sooners to turn things around this season and today is as good of a day to, "just do it!"

Boomer Sooner!...