Big XII Thread... - Page 4 - Football Forum - NFL, CFL & College Football Forums
Reply

Old 10-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #31 (permalink)
Keepin It Real
Photobucket
 
Canadian Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,743
Blog Entries: 5
Canadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandRun89' View Post
There are few programs remaining that even have or use a FB anymore!
GT, Navy, Army, Airforce being the main 4 teams that run options as a MAJOR part of their offense all run FB in the traditional option sense of the position... That being said, the FB is a dead and/or dieing position in the sport as a whole because you can easily use a good TE to do anything that the FB could do, or even use a good G in the same position... In all star games, people vote for a FB because they HAVE to, not because they want to!
__________________

Thanks to VIPER!
Canadian Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #32 (permalink)
FBF All Star Running Back
 
LandRun89''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 923
LandRun89' is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Speed View Post
GT, Navy, Army, Airforce being the main 4 teams that run options as a MAJOR part of their offense all run FB in the traditional option sense of the position... That being said, the FB is a dead and/or dieing position in the sport as a whole because you can easily use a good TE to do anything that the FB could do, or even use a good G in the same position... In all star games, people vote for a FB because they HAVE to, not because they want to!
I concur!... However, I can appreciate the use of Millard, Ripkowski and a couple of other FB/UB(SO. who were recruited as FB/UB), that Heupel uses to implement in the various Pistol packages of their offense! It is great to find the physical specs and talents who can still operate as a smash mouth type of blocking/run/reciever FB/UB!...
Millard is a fine example of this!...

I am glad for the Sooners to take advantage of this, cause just as you pointed out on the specified teams for example, OU and KSU (relative for in Big XII)are using them to create addage to their offensive curve in the scheme of things! Most defenses have to prepare to deal with this issue because of the obvious that you stated! The opposing teams just don't see it much!...

I like the awakening in Heupel's concept in spreading the wealth and his creativity with these type of multi-purpose backs!... Good mix, creating a different look and requiring the defenses(especially, the LBs) to prepare just a little differently!... The Pistol offers so much more at the line of attack!...

Actually, ideal for the Gun Spread offense! The Pistol creates new challenges in requiring the defense in having to honor the run game in every snap. It requires the box to remain essential(6, + 1),(some programs 7) and disciplined. You know this!...

The Spread and Pistol were meant for each other and forever!... Amen!

Last edited by LandRun89' : 10-15-2012 at 06:34 PM. Reason: addage...
LandRun89' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #33 (permalink)
FBF All Star Running Back
 
LandRun89''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 923
LandRun89' is on a distinguished road
Default No Love for Mike?...

Nobody have even mentioned some obvious facts in development for the Sooner DC and his squad! How many opposing offensive TDs has occured in OU's first five games?

Can you count them?

UTEP = 0...
aFm = 2... 1 TD, #2 defense
KSU = 2...
TT = 3...
Texas = 1... #2 defense...
KU = 1... #2 defense...


Who in the Big XII does not fit the "Big XII Defensive Bad", notion of giving up high points to these prolific passing Big XII offenses?...

9 TDs against the Sooner Defense in the first six!...

Mike Stoops, he is back! #11 & #14 in defense!...:icon_shocking2:

Last edited by LandRun89' : 10-21-2012 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Defensive Update...
LandRun89' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #34 (permalink)
FBF All Star Running Back
 
LandRun89''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 923
LandRun89' is on a distinguished road
Default TT's Blowout Win...

Seth Doege was 32 of 42 for 499 yards and six TDs against the Mountaineers last Saturday. TT had 18 plays of 15 yards or more in the 49-14 romp, while the Red Raiders defense managed to hold WVU 2 for 7 on fourth down conversions.

Smith had just 275 yards passing and a TD, not even close to his 81.4 percent completion rate and 400 yard game average. The Mountaineers only managed 3.7 yards per carry.

"It was embarrassing , guys were disappointed. Its no fun for anybody," WVU coach Holgerson said.

Interesting, I had just asked MF what would happen if Geno and offense couldn't keep their newly found, "Higher Standard"...? Looks like the defense just got wore out!...

We'll see if this doesn't affect the Mountaineers too much and for Geno, to keep putting up those ungodly numbers!...?
LandRun89' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:23 AM   #35 (permalink)
FBF All Star Running Back
 
LandRun89''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 923
LandRun89' is on a distinguished road
Default Mountaineers Holding Rushers...

Maybe a key factor for WVU defense may hold some daylight for the Mountaineers Big XII hopes!...

The 3-4 scheme that DeForest installed, has the Mountaineers ranked 114th in total defense. 118th in pass defense and 109th in scoring defense. They are allowing 496 yards per outing!...

Amid in all this mess, WVU hasn't allowed a individual 100 yard rushing effort all season. The Mountaineers are holding opponents to 131 yards on the ground. This may be due to that they have faced aerial assaults for most of the season so far!...

However, all of that might change today, against KSU. The Cats have the 11th best rushing offense behind Cat RB John Hubert(101 yrds per game) and Cat QB Collin Klein with an average of 85 yards per game.

WVU LB Isaiah Bruce said, "We're keying on him and their RB," and "We're going to try to contain them and let their other people try to beat us."

Today the #4 Wildcats face the #17 Mountaineers in what should prove, who can emerge with staying in the Big XII conference race!...

Last edited by LandRun89' : 10-20-2012 at 04:24 AM. Reason: correction...
LandRun89' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:12 AM   #36 (permalink)
FBF All Star Running Back
 
LandRun89''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 923
LandRun89' is on a distinguished road
Default MF, I'm still watching!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandRun89' View Post
Maybe a key factor for WVU defense may hold some daylight for the Mountaineers Big XII hopes!...

The 3-4 scheme that DeForest installed, has the Mountaineers ranked 114th in total defense. 118th in pass defense and 109th in scoring defense. They are allowing 496 yards per outing!...

Amid in all this mess, WVU hasn't allowed a individual 100 yard rushing effort all season. The Mountaineers are holding opponents to 131 yards on the ground. This may be due to that they have faced aerial assaults for most of the season so far!...

However, all of that might change today, against KSU. The Cats have the 11th best rushing offense behind Cat RB John Hubert(101 yrds per game) and Cat QB Collin Klein with an average of 85 yards per game.

WVU LB Isaiah Bruce said, "We're keying on him and their RB," and "We're going to try to contain them and let their other people try to beat us."

Today the #4 Wildcats face the #17 Mountaineers in what should prove, who can emerge with staying in the Big XII conference race!...
I guess it didn't matter who was trying to key on Klein and Hubert! What has happened to the Heisman hopeful at WVU?... We all knew about the WVU defense early!...

I guess, no Aero-in-the-Smith!...

KSU's defense was awesome!...

"He doesn't do anything wrong," WVU's coach Holgerson said of Klein. "He's hard to tackle, he gets them in good positions. He doesn't turn the ball over. You can say what you want about the throwing motion, but it goes exactly where he wants it to go. He's a very good football player."

Last edited by LandRun89' : 10-21-2012 at 08:36 AM. Reason: addage...
LandRun89' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:31 AM   #37 (permalink)
FBF All Star Running Back
 
LandRun89''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 923
LandRun89' is on a distinguished road
Default Hawks Hit by Rocklahoma!...

Nothing to comment on, just a scrimmage for the Sooners in time for ND in Norman next Saturday!... -Later
LandRun89' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:14 PM   #38 (permalink)
FBF All Star Running Back
 
LandRun89''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 923
LandRun89' is on a distinguished road
Default No Luck for the Sooners...

Well, we all know now that there are only a few teams left for a shot at the NC! OU wasn't there for the 60 minute challenge at home for ND. The obvious was that the OL wasn't enough to handle that Irish box! Landry isn't that effective under pressure and then again, many QBs aren't. Look at the Irish QBs in the last few games outside prior to playing OU. Stanford, BYU and now...Pitt, all got pressure in the ND backfield and almost had their way!
No excuses, but the OU OL have had a time trying to stay healthy with being bumped around in position. I see our greatest deficit as being that Coach Patton, hasn't been recruiting well at all for the last three seasons. Only one OL commit and possibly a verbal at UCLA might reconsider. This is not bringing much hope at all! Possibly time to seek top JUCOs for the OL!
Mike has done a great job for the Sooner defense but still remains short only in time, to recruiting his own! Good things are coming to OU but it will take a couple more seasons for Mike to keeping it consistently on top with the recruits! Their present recruiting for the backs on both sides looks real promising!
I can't imagine what Bob is waiting for other, than waiting for the season to be over to reflect and deal with the dilemma involving the lack of players in the OL!...? Can't figure out why, Patton doesn't perform and come through with new OL recruits for OU!...

Sorry I have been gone away for sometime. I had personal family health issues to deal with. Such is life with health and death to deal with. I'll be in and out til rest of season. I hope all of you enjoy the rest of the CFB season and have a great holiday season as well!... Chow for now! -LR

P.S. I see any of the other two, KSU or UO having the best chance for the NCG with Bama. ND has to be consistent with protecting their QB(s)! If ND plays Bama, more than likely, I see them losing to the Tide!
UO's talent could beat them IMO. After watching the Bama/LSU game, I realize...they could be beaten!...

OU can still prove to be a worthy bowl opponent, just not in the BCS unless value is added to KSU and or ND, to help OU's SOS... possibly 10-2 for a finish but not so, if they fail to execute and sharpen that OL!...

Last edited by LandRun89' : 11-11-2012 at 07:21 AM. Reason: addage...
LandRun89' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:25 AM   #39 (permalink)
FBF All Star Running Back
 
LandRun89''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 923
LandRun89' is on a distinguished road
Cool Sooner Woes, the OL'mn!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandRun89' View Post
Well, we all know now that there are only a few teams left for a shot at the NC! OU wasn't there for the 60 minute challenge at home for ND. The obvious was that the OL wasn't enough to handle that Irish box! Landry isn't that effective under pressure and then again, many QBs aren't. Look at the Irish QBs in the last few games outside prior to playing OU. Stanford, BYU and now...Pitt, all got pressure in the ND backfield and almost had their way!
No excuses, but the OU OL have had a time trying to stay healthy with being bumped around in position. I see our greatest deficit as being that Coach Patton, hasn't been recruiting well at all for the last three seasons. Only one OL commit and possibly a verbal at UCLA might reconsider. This is not bringing much hope at all! Possibly time to seek top JUCOs for the OL!
Mike has done a great job for the Sooner defense but still remains short only in time, to recruiting his own! Good things are coming to OU but it will take a couple more seasons for Mike to keeping it consistently on top with the recruits! Their present recruiting for the backs on both sides looks real promising!
I can't imagine what Bob is waiting for other, than waiting for the season to be over to reflect and deal with the dilemma involving the lack of players in the OL!...? Can't figure out why, Patton doesn't perform and come through with new OL recruits for OU!...

Sorry I have been gone away for sometime. I had personal family health issues to deal with. Such is life with health and death to deal with. I'll be in and out til rest of season. I hope all of you enjoy the rest of the CFB season and have a great holiday season as well!... Chow for now! -LR

P.S. I see any of the other two, KSU or UO having the best chance for the NCG with Bama. ND has to be consistent with protecting their QB(s)! If ND plays Bama, more than likely, I see them losing to the Tide!
UO's talent could beat them IMO. After watching the Bama/LSU game, I realize...they could be beaten!...

OU can still prove to be a worthy bowl opponent, just not in the BCS unless value is added to KSU and or ND, to help OU's SOS... possibly 10-2 for a finish but not so, if they fail to execute and sharpen that OL!...
Forget the sharpening... C/Ikard with a concussion? Oh brother! This Sooner OL just keeps getting worse by the game!...

Only good news just might be around the corner for next year, OU has locked on to some top National JUCO OL'mn out West! I hope they get them, this Sooner team is going to need them!...

Addage:I am not looking forward with the present status on our OL and the fact that Landry is not what he was last year, heading into Morgantown! Baylor to me was almost another home nightmare! Too much adversity with this 2012 team and I think the guy(Landry) has greatly slipped in having any top NFL stock value to stay in the first two rounds of the draft! Inconsistancy is the obvious! Maybe go ahead and try to work Blake more into the scheme of things!

Last edited by LandRun89' : 11-11-2012 at 07:37 AM. Reason: addage...
LandRun89' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:58 AM   #40 (permalink)
FBF All Star Running Back
 
LandRun89''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 923
LandRun89' is on a distinguished road
Default OU Still Alive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandRun89' View Post
Forget the sharpening... C/Ikard with a concussion? Oh brother! This Sooner OL just keeps getting worse by the game!...

Only good news just might be around the corner for next year, OU has locked on to some top National JUCO OL'mn out West! I hope they get them, this Sooner team is going to need them!...

Addage:I am not looking forward with the present status on our OL and the fact that Landry is not what he was last year, heading into Morgantown! Baylor to me was almost another home nightmare! Too much adversity with this 2012 team and I think the guy(Landry) has greatly slipped in having any top NFL stock value to stay in the first two rounds of the draft! Inconsistancy is the obvious! Maybe go ahead and try to work Blake more into the scheme of things!
Well, with this Sooner Team constantly surprising me, let me just say this... I can't deny getting through WVU, BU and OSU was pleasing for any Sooner Fan! I think everyone has realized that the spread has changed CFB forever! Landry's uncanny ability to hang in there and set all-time Sooner and Big XII career passing records is just short of being phenomenal. The depth at RB for the Sooners, is as well! Grats to Clay for being prepared.

With the way that this inexperienced and young OL has come together, is just short of being quite remarkable. With all things considered of course! The young underclassmen have shown well.

I hope they realize that a lot of things lye on this game today in Ft. worth! I expect the Sooners to win today and wait to see what awaits for them in post season play for whatever bowl!

Boomer Sooner to all OU Fans!...
LandRun89' is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios