Big XII Thread... - Page 5 - Football Forum - NFL, CFL & College Football Forums

Old 12-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #41 (permalink)
FBF All Star Running Back

LandRun89' is on a distinguished road
Default Sooners Close 2012...

The way this game went, the defense did pretty well holding TCU to 17 points and a nail biter stand in the end!

What can you say about Landry? All-Time Sooner and Big XII passing records! Consistent most of the time but did create a few hazards in losing twice this season. Other than that, he is a part of Bob's season 10 win average! Based on the number of snaps and passes he has established, not bad at all! OU's 8th Conference Championship in Stoop's 14 years... Bob has never gone two seasons without one!...

My hat is off to the 2012 Sooners! All things considered from suspensions to being plagued with injuries, just another average win season! Right now, there are not too many programs that can state that!

Looking forward to the Cotton Bowl even though, BcS politics got in the way! I wish all CFB Fans the very best Bowl Season and look forward to another CFB Season in 2013!...

Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year to all!...

Boomer Sooner!...
LandRun89' is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #42 (permalink)
FBF Rookie

AggieNation is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandRun89' View Post
The way this game went, the defense did pretty well holding TCU to 17 points and a nail biter stand in the end!

What can you say about Landry? All-Time Sooner and Big XII passing records! Consistent most of the time but did create a few hazards in losing twice this season. Other than that, he is a part of Bob's season 10 win average! Based on the number of snaps and passes he has established, not bad at all! OU's 8th Conference Championship in Stoop's 14 years... Bob has never gone two seasons without one!...

My hat is off to the 2012 Sooners! All things considered from suspensions to being plagued with injuries, just another average win season! Right now, there are not too many programs that can state that!

Looking forward to the Cotton Bowl even though, BcS politics got in the way! I wish all CFB Fans the very best Bowl Season and look forward to another CFB Season in 2013!...

Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year to all!...

Boomer Sooner!...
Cotton Bowl is a game that I'm actually looking forward to! Should be a good one!

Gig 'em Aggies!
#7 Texas A&M Aggies
Currently: 5-1
AggieNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:41 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieNation View Post
Cotton Bowl is a game that I'm actually looking forward to! Should be a good one!

Gig 'em Aggies!
The Cotton Bowl Committee really wanted this matchup! The only good top bowls are the Fiesta and the Cotton! A 7-5 Wisconsin, Louisville and Northern Illinois just kind of dampened the final 2012 season and bowl perspective...

Such are politics in CFB!... A real, Bah-Humbug!...
Old 12-28-2012, 05:27 AM   #44 (permalink)

Thumbs up #2 PAC Gets Smacked...

What a great Holiday event for the (Big XII) Baylor Bears... Baylor's "D" only got 13 sacks all season but had 5 in just the first half alone, as the Bears went on to smack down the #2(#3?) PAC12 team 49-26!...

The Bruins just couldn't get it going as UCLA's RB Jonathan Franklin, got just 34 yards on 14 carries...

Balor's Nick Florence led the offense to a 35-7 score at halftime!... BU's RB Lache Seastrunk, blazed 138 yards on 16 carries!... The Bears never looked back!...

Way To Go...Big XII!...

Last edited by LandRun89' : 12-28-2012 at 05:44 AM. Reason: addage...
Old 12-29-2012, 08:57 AM   #45 (permalink)

Default Cotton Sooner Update...

I knew about this yesterday but I forgot to get this unforunate news out for those who are interested and the Sooner Faithful...

Bob just made it official that OU's WR/Jalen Saunders will play in the Bowl Game but DT/Stacey McGee will not(supended/DUI)!... McGee has had too many issues from scholastic reasons now, to this issue!...

Bob is consistant and firm with his guidelines and rules... He'll give ya a second chance sometimes but a third?... Three strikes rule, generally applies only for district judges to determine!...
Old 12-29-2012, 05:55 PM   #46 (permalink)
FBF Rookie

AggieNation is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I knew about this yesterday but I forgot to get this unforunate news out for those who are interested and the Sooner Faithful...

Bob just made it official that OU's WR/Jalen Saunders will play in the Bowl Game but DT/Stacey McGee will not(supended/DUI)!... McGee has had too many issues from scholastic reasons now, to this issue!...

Bob is consistant and firm with his guidelines and rules... He'll give ya a second chance sometimes but a third?... Three strikes rule, generally applies only for district judges to determine!...
Looks like Johnny and his trusted O-line boys might have some fun up front?
#7 Texas A&M Aggies
Currently: 5-1
AggieNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:00 PM   #47 (permalink)

Default WVU?...

Looks like the Mountaineers had a little too much Christmas dinner and gravy!... I can't explain that performance against Syracuse.

WVU defense couldn't stop the run game of the Orangemen. Then again, they couldn't really stop any aspect of Syracuse. Geno and offense appeared to struggle like any HS team...

It obviously happens but for the Mountaineers, I just can't tell you why. 20+ days is enough time to work on problems and correct defenisve issues they have had all season. The offense, well that became an issue these last 3 weeks evidently!...

I guess WVU has to go back to the drawing board...

Currently, Big XII in bowls, 2-1...
Old 12-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #48 (permalink)

Default Come A Longhorn Way!...

Well, what can you say about the Horns... I never have understood why Mack and staff with all that year after year top national recruiting, end up more often than not, in second or third place in the Big XII...

Well, their success has been with coaches and players that are gone. Recruiting still good as it will ever be but their QBs haven't really been consistent since, Vince and Colt... Finally, saw some promise in David Ash with all that hype that came with him from HS. Suspensions and team rules were broken in San Antonio, sending some players home!... Anyways, the Horns put it on the Beavers in a rather proud and stout finish! 31-28... so be it!... Another interesting fact that slipped by me on behalf of the Horns Bowl performance, The UT defense left the Beaver offense with only establishing -4 yards for the 4th quarter!...

It was what I knew they could do and probably why I had picked them to finish on top in the conference during pre-season... I was shocked on a few games but they have obviously, worked hard and turned things around for the better I believe!... We'll see what there is in store for them next season!...

So... the conference now stands at 3-1 bowl record after this game and TCU was next!...

Last edited by LandRun89' : 01-01-2013 at 09:29 AM. Reason: correction...
Old 12-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #49 (permalink)

Default Young Frogs Can't Leap Far...

The Hornfrogs of TCU, were the mystery team for the conference this year after their starting QB was popped and sent to rehab!... Young RB is put at QB and all I can say, that it wasn't a bad idea at all!... The only problem, he is a freshman and being thrown in right off the bat, he did really well with all things considered. Patterson, is a great recruiter and with this young team of starters, he has nowhere but to go up from here! They gave MSU all they could handle and despite being greatly out sized, the team speed and talent was quite apparent throughout the whole game... It is not going to take long for the Hornfrogs to get the experience they need for these guys, to contend in the Big XII for the top spot!... For sure!

Thing is, that the experience of MSU and their coaches came through by both sides having to go into a FG match to decide the winner!... I actually, kind of liked that game... You know, the passion and tested 60 minutes of it all!... Tough loss for TCU but the Spartans were darn lucky to get out of that one the victor!...

This now leaves the conference at 4-2, for the Bowl Records...

One more thing that I forgot to mention, that I thought was a very interesting aspect of posting the conference Bowl Records...

The two losses at this point, are the two newbies to the conference, WVU and TCU!... ? Hmmm... I know that this stat could change as with any conference with new members but things aren't always greener on the other side... Well, maybe at first anyways!... Here is where recruiting and coaching become a big time reality or a wish list program for the bucket...

Last edited by LandRun89' : 12-30-2012 at 08:49 PM. Reason: addage...
Old 12-31-2012, 04:05 AM   #50 (permalink)
FBF Pro Bowler

BamaChamps has a spectacular aura aboutBamaChamps has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
This now leaves the conference at 4-2, for the Bowl Records...
Big 12 is 3-2 currently. Wins by Baylor, Texas Tech, Texas, Losses by TCU & West Va. Big 12 has Iowa St, OK State, Oklahoma, and K State left to play.
BamaChamps is offline   Reply With Quote