Big XII Thread... - Page 6 - Football Forum - NFL, CFL & College Football Forums

Old 01-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #51 (permalink)
FBF All Star Running Back

LandRun89' is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaChamps View Post
Big 12 is 3-2 currently. Wins by Baylor, Texas Tech, Texas, Losses by TCU & West Va. Big 12 has Iowa St, OK State, Oklahoma, and K State left to play.
Correction noted!... Ooops!... This is what you get, getting older and going long hours...
LandRun89' is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #52 (permalink)

Default Sooner OL'mn...

Well, four days the Sooners have been in Grapevine. I'm fixin' to head that way tomorrow. Just a little information on one our OL'mn Lane Johnson that I thought was really interesting, so here goes...

There isn't a player on the OU roster that did more to lift his draft stock than OL/Lane Johnson. Lane is considered one of the best OL in the Big XII based on his performances going up against some of the conference's best DEs!... He held UT's DE Jeffcoat to two tackles and 0 pressures... ND's AA DE/Stephon Tuitt only had 1 tackle in that game... TCU's Big XII Sack Leader and "Defensive Player of the Year", Devonte Field was completely ineffective during their game against the Sooners...

So you now have Johnson faced up with aTm's DE, Damontre Moore... This will be a key player matchup and should help shed some light on how much protection from the left side that Landry Jones might get!... Passing for the Sooners will be essential!... Protection for the Sooner QB will be the key as to how well OU's passing game could progress in this matchup!...

If Johnson handles Moore well, this could put him in the driver's seat to be a first rounder according to some NFL scouts!...

Boomer Sooner!...

Last edited by LandRun89' : 01-01-2013 at 09:25 AM. Reason: correction...
Old 01-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #53 (permalink)

Default aTm's DC Makes Comment...

The Aggies DC Mark Snyder had this to say about the Sooner Offense...

"This is the best group we have faced," Snyder said about the Sooners. "As a group this is the best group of receivers we have faced as a whole . It is a heck of a challenge. It is (the height advantage of OU's WRs) could be an issue, there is no doubt. Jalen Saunders isn't very long, but he is very quick, He is pretty good."

Texas A&M has only faced two teams that rank in the Top 40 in Passing Offense this season. The Aggies dominated Arkansas(#21 Passing) in a 58-10 victory on Sept. 29th. However LTU(#3 Passing), threw for 450 yards when the teams met on Oct. 13th. The Aggies won 59-57!...

Friday in Cowboy Stadium on Jan. 4th!... It should be a good one!...

Last edited by LandRun89' : 01-01-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #54 (permalink)
FBF Rookie

AggieNation is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandRun89' View Post
The Aggies DC Mark Snyder had this to say about the Sooner Offense...

"This is the best group we have faced," Snyder said about the Sooners. "As a group this is the best group of receivers we have faced as a whole . It is a heck of a challenge. It is (the height advantage of OU's WRs) could be an issue, there is no doubt. Jalen Saunders isn't very long, but he is very quick, He is pretty good."

Texas A&M has only faced two teams that rank in the Top 40 in Passing Offense this season. The Aggies dominated Arkansas(#21 Passing) in a 58-10 victory on Sept. 29th. However LTU(#3 Passing), threw for 450 yards when the teams met on Oct. 13th. The Aggies won 59-57!...

Friday in Cowboy Stadium on Jan. 4th!... It should be a good one!...
How is OU's run defense?

You guys might have some problems there. I'm not just talking about Johnny, but about the multiple backs we have.

Gig 'em Aggies! I cannot wait!
#7 Texas A&M Aggies
Currently: 5-1
AggieNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #55 (permalink)

Default Time Is Ticking Down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieNation View Post
How is OU's run defense?

You guys might have some problems there. I'm not just talking about Johnny, but about the multiple backs we have.

Gig 'em Aggies! I cannot wait!
It is pretty good with all that time to rest and workout, going through the game plan! Mike has developed a few packages that he thinks will work on the Aggies here and there... Just depends on the down and yardage to go in trying to dictate things and keeping it in check on the Aggie offense... There will be some coverage's that were rarely seen and then there will be some schemes that never has been seen this season... Creating the unexpected and try in making a lot of pressure for Johnny...

I kind of like the Aggie attitude which mirrors LSU just before their Bowl... I know that we are as good, if not way better than Clemson!... With the exception of Johnny, they have played against these guys before. Hey, the 8 out of the last 9 meetings between us didn't favor the Aggies! More common and understood ways are clearly known in how and why Aggies do things!... No big deal! Just a bunch of Big XII recruits getting together again for another Bowl and just going to do it, for 60 minutes again! Just another days worth of work in the Big XII!...
Old 01-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #56 (permalink)

Default Pull the Cotton out of the Ears!...

The Aggie Nation is done screaming with complete Holiday Cheer! They have a obvious right too! The first half was what OU could do but as we all know, the second half was all Johnny Football. The Aggies have got with out a doubt, the best QB in CFB for now! It was so wild to watch him break and run all over the field as he did this whole season! Even crazier to watch on several pass plays, to see WRs open and he still took off running like a hungry Mongoose through a bunch of holiday stuffed cobras for a bar-b-que!

He is something else for sure! Of course, I knew that! 10-2, now 11-2 is saying good things in store for the Aggie program provided, he stays healthy! Could that day come? Sure! Not good to see a rare talent like that get popped and set in a examination room with team doctors but it will happen at some point! Question is when? Nobody ever wants to see a athlete like that get their body or brains hurt and scrambled! Another Heisman? We'll just have to see!... Congrats aTm! You for now anyways, have a QB phenomenon!...

For OU, Coaches are already up in scale for new level recruits, some nice ones coming in and the Jr's at OU better stay to help Bell with a new offense and try again! Strange season, look at UF and LSU who beat aTm, they both lost their bowls! Like I have always said about CFB, go figure! Many programs are and that includes the OU Sooners!...

Boomer Sooner!... To all in FBF, have a great 2013!... Til next September... So long!

Last edited by LandRun89' : 01-06-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #57 (permalink)
FBF Pro Bowler

BamaChamps has a spectacular aura aboutBamaChamps has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandRun89' View Post
Just another days worth of work in the Big XII!...
Yeah getting ran over by the SEC
BamaChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:40 AM   #58 (permalink)

Wink Big XII Recruits Roll Tide!...

Hilarious Chumps... You have already conceded to the fact that aTm is Big XII recruits and that will never change til those recruits are gone from the Aggie team. Big XII Aggie recruits, rolled the Tide in Tascaloosa! Just a simple fact that you'll have to live with! It doesn't bother me for the Big XII my roots run deep in Oklahoma and Texas where my bloodlines are from! Where is McElroy from? Where is the Bama QB from before that? SEC?... Need to start a SEC Players Union because they sure aren't stacking those programs for anything academic!... CFB?... It would have been more worthy for you to just toot your horn on the Bama NC!...

"Mongoose Manzeil" Texas Boy and Big XII recruit, owns Bama's Tide!... I would start being concerned about beating aTm, ooooh, I mean SEC aTm that is!... Hahahahaha!...

Blog next preseason!...
Old 01-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #59 (permalink)
FBF Pro Bowler

BamaChamps has a spectacular aura aboutBamaChamps has a spectacular aura about

LandBum69' your overrated team got exposed as did your entire conference. lol The champ and co champ of the Big 12 were humiliated and destroyed w/out much effort from their opponents. Pretty pathetic 4-5 losing bowl record
BamaChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #60 (permalink)

Default Hey Dumbo!...

LandBum69'?... Hahaha... Your a late bloomer!... Too funny and your so full of yourself!... Your too full of SECit!... Saban recruits Texas QBs, Bama gets beat by a Texas filled roster school and practically, all by another Texas QB alone, isn't that ever going to sink in?... In Tuscaloosa!... Man, your too funny!

Lose at home, UF beat by nobody, LSU beat by 2nd place or 3rd place ACC team with a former OU DC! Sumlin who use to serve under Bob! Hell, with a QB like that and knowing the in-n-outs of the Sooner system, Sumlin have better beat us in the Cotton. Afterall, he did in Tuscaloosa! Hey, at least we were tied(more or less) at halftime with aTm!... Hahahahahaha!

Time for you to focus on the fact that the Tide may have to move on over!... There are a bunch of new Texas state kids in the conference!... Hahahahahaha!

Get real Chumps, your a pathetic braggart...

Haven't you noticed? There is a new elephant in the SEC romper room!...

Later Dud...