Big XII Thread... - Football Forum - NFL, CFL & College Football Forums

Old 08-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
FBF All Star Running Back

LandRun89' is on a distinguished road
Default Big XII Thread...

David Ash was announced as the 2012 Texas Longhorn QB! Ash was 3-3 as a FR. last season with just four TD passes and 8 INTs!
His Completion rate was @ 58% and the Longhorns ranked 86th nationally in passing.
The Longhorns are just 13-12 over the last two seasons, including a paltry 6-11 in Big XII play!
"I expected it," said Ash and "I really worked hard. The coaches have given me a shot, thats all you can really ask for!"
The Horns start their season opener in Austin versus Wyoming, on Sept. 1st!...

I went and did this to remind me of general discussion once the season opens for Big XII Fans and others who are interested!...

Last edited by LandRun89' : 08-29-2012 at 07:08 AM. Reason: lost thought...
LandRun89' is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

Cool Bummer Sooner!...

I am glad that I did post this threader to start on about the Sooners.
My thoughts on the UTEP game!
Everyone knows that we had 13 scholarships not in the game and some will stay injured and suspended for a while! So what are my thoughts?
Well, we were farting through our brains for 3 quarters! UTEP is better than I have ever seen them in my recent memory!
Then out of being possibly embarrassed and humiliated on regional TV they decided to snap the ball and make a dozen and a half plays to move the ball to score 24 points! Two other huge plays happened but it was called back with Stills catching one and ending up on the Miner 5 yard line. It was called back cause of a greenhorn/veteran chop blocking! Also, Bell at QB with a QB draw almost breaking a tackle getting 11 yards only to have time end! So, two more TDs that never happened! That would have made it 38-7! Nothing too exciting and really, just short of completely sucking at best! We are young at several positions and depth could become a real issue! Let us hope that Bob and Mike do what they have always done...coach them up!...
Old 09-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

Question Still Brain Cramping...

For the first and half of the second quarter, aFm made a strong start by competing with us! Defense got tired cause our offense was having convulsions again!
Finally, somewhere around 7 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter, we finally woke up and decided to play some football! OU went on to score 3 more TDs and left the field at halftime ahead, 35-10!
(3rd Quarter)The Aggies once again challenged us when their coaching staff saw All-Big XII SS Tony Jefferson, limp off the field after he had sprained his ankle! So they had their #1 WR move to SWR and run a under post route and our greenhorn #2 SS was simply oblivious as to where his coverage was to be! That resulted in the Aggies scoring and making their bank on 13 points!
After that, we decided to play ball again and went on to score 7 more TDs! In the middle of the 3rd, we had 2s and 3s all in! They essentially, got 5 TDs of the last 7! 69-13! To me, that don't mean squat!...
Sept.22nd, in Norman...KSU!...
Old 09-14-2012, 07:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

Oklahoma DT Walker Returns...

Oklahoma's defense finally got a boost on Monday. DT Casey Walker return to practice after missing the first two games due to undisclosed reasons.
"He was fine. It was as you expect," Bob Stoops said about Walkers return.
Getting a third-year starter back is a huge bonus!
"Casey is a big part of what we do. He gives us a very stout and strong body in the middle," Mike Stoops said. "He's played some great football for us and we're excited to get him back and hopefully stronger than ever!"
Getting two weeks to prepare for the 15th ranked Wildcats is a chance for the defense to solidify its personnel.
This has also allowed DE/DL David King to focus exclusively on the DE position! This is his best and natural position! David who is 6'5"/286lbs. is extremely fast for his size and it has shown for the Sooners to make it tough for opposing offenses to get past the outside on him!...

Last edited by LandRun89' : 09-14-2012 at 07:47 AM. Reason: added thought...
Old 09-14-2012, 07:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thumbs up The Rising of a Star!...

OU's RB Damien Williams(6'/210lbs.) is the 12th leading rusher in the nation with 267 yards through two games! Of the 11 backs in front of him, every single one has at least twice the carries that Williams has!
Williams got those yards in 19 carries. Ellington(Clemson) has the most at 38! Also, of those first 11, only one of them is avg. 10 ypc! That is UCLA's RB Jonathan Franklin, who leads everybody with 431 yards while averaging 10.5 a pop, 3.2 less than Williams' 13.7 a run!
Many of the Sooner Nation finally see a RB, that they consider probably the best we have had since Adrian Perterson. Although, each back has their own style of running and being used in different ways, Williams can catch from the backfield as well! There is no denial in his strength and speed but he is a skilled player as well!
Dom Whaley is still listed as the #1 RB but time could prove that Williams is more than ready!...

Last edited by LandRun89' : 09-14-2012 at 08:01 AM. Reason: add thought...
Old 09-14-2012, 10:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

Wink What Longhorn Network?...

OU never sold out to UT, especially when sinc ethe Texas network is basically barely surviving existence with the overhead and direct costs! Personal liabilities & Investment=Net Loss!
Tah-dah!...
"Sooner Sports TV" has been born!
OU doesn't need its own network! OU and Fox Sports have agreed to a 10 year multi-media program. This new partnership features, "Sooner Sports TV powered by FOX Sports," a multi-platform network that provides immediate and wide distribution of at least 1,000 hours of OU sports programming annually on a variety of FOX sports outlets! Including FOX Sports Oklahoma, FOX Sports Southwest and FOX College Sports, according to OU and FOX Sports. $5M+ annually to OU.
The programming will reach an estimated 9 million households in OK.,TX.,AR.,LA! Sooner Sports TV will also be available nationally on FOX College Sports Channels!Nearly all of the programming content will be directed by SoonerVision productions. The partnership with FOX Sports gets OU content on the air without the hassles of building a network from scratch!
The Big XII Conference television agreement was signed last week with ABC/ESPN and FOX Sports and gives the schools rights to all programming that isn't selected for the network or cable broadcasts. The agreement means that each school will have the rights to one football game per season.
I personally, want to thank UT for tanking in Texas and moving over to a net loss operation and letting us do better without having to build a costly network! We did it in a capitalistic fashion...

Last edited by LandRun89' : 09-14-2012 at 10:37 AM. Reason: added pun...
Old 09-16-2012, 11:42 AM   #7 (permalink)

Wink Easing Past N. Texas!...

Collin Klein threw for 230 yards and 3 TDs, Tyler Lockett returned a KO 96 yards for another score and #15 KSU eased past pesky N. Texas! Tramaine Thompson caught 5 for 102 yards and two scores, and John Hubert added a TD on the ground for the Wildcats! N. Texas scratched and clawed its way to a 14-13 score late in the 3rd! Then, Klein and Thompson hooked up for their second TD! Wildcats win 35-21!
Wow, all that before KSU comes for a visit in Norman this Saturday!
Old 09-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #8 (permalink)

Oklahoma Coaches Keep Speaking Millard...

The Coaching Staff at OU have kept saying over and over again that Trey Millard would get the ball more this season. It is doubtful that the two carries and two catches he got in the first two games is hardly what they are talking about!Millard averaged 9.0 ypc and 9.5 ypr. There are a lot of ways that the Sooners get the ball to the 240 lb. JR. RB/FB! They will be more apparent to us in the up and coming games!
All these studs are great RBs and go beyond depth!
They are:
SR. Dom Whaley
JR. Damien Williams (210 lbs.) Very, very fast and really strong!
JR. Brennan Clay
JR. Roy Finch
JR. Trey Millard (240 lbs.) A punishing RB!...
1 more So. RB
4 more Fr. RBs
I have been personally told that so many packages are prepared for conference play, it will take time to see them all! Not to mention the new variety of packages for the "Belldozer" series!...

I just hope the OL is up for it! We are thin right now on the OL and everything for the offense rest upon their shoulders!

Also, Landry and all of the Wrs have been putting a little more time on their own! I hear that timing and the way they are running their routes, and receiving has been noticably recognized and significantly improved from last week! Good to see the work ethic!...

Last edited by LandRun89' : 09-16-2012 at 12:14 PM. Reason: addage...
Old 09-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thumbs up Roy Finch Can PLay!...

Moving this talented RB to SWR in the pre-season is one thing but WR Kenny Stills has been putting it together at the new position very well! The coaching staff hasn't hidden their irritation over Finch's practice habits.
Still, the athletic ability of Roy can add another big punch on the ground game for the Sooner's offense! You have to believe that there is a package added for him! Roy is as fast as any of them, he has great field vision for the open space, can catch out of the backfield and he can play WR, but I think Roy's heart is desiring to be in the RB rotation. I have been told that all of this is in a sheltered preparation plan for conference play! I just love new looks and plays plus, with a whole stable of RBs!... Do the coaches really know something that we don't?... Let us hope so, there is way too much talent to just let them stand field-side! I hope that it gets going! All these guys could start elsewhere! Boomer Sooner!...
Old 09-17-2012, 09:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

Oklahoma Its the BlitzKrieg On Defense...

OU collected 7 sacks in the first two games which led the Big XII heading into this last weekend. 6 of those sacks were from the Defensive linemen. 8 of the 9 hurries were from those guys who line up in a three point stance! The Sooners hardly blitz at all in the first two games. It was by design!
Blitzes are most affective when the QB doesn't know where they are coming from. Word is that a host of blitzes will come on the appropriate down/yardage and on the right type of offenses based on opportunity and lack of protected formations! Mike Stoops had 4 out of 5 seasons with Top 10 defenses when he was here. His defenses were known to pressure QBs beyond comprehension.
I think that there is a surprise package for this team to deliver in portions through the Big XII conference play! Not everything will look the same from last year!... Let us hope this smoke screen by the Sooners in these two first games, was the calm before the storm! I am ready for a storming performance season! Do they, will they just do it?... I have a feeling Mike and Bob have been holding back and hiding a few new twists to the Sooner game plan! They have before!...