Defend Your Position - Page 2 - Football Forum - NFL, CFL & College Football Forums
Reply

Old 11-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
FBF All Star Running Back
 
Chise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 963
Chise will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaChamps View Post
lol I agree FL State and Clemson should be ranked higher, but at least they get to prove it at the end of the year against FL and SC.
Right you are.
__________________
I've always wondered if stupidity and ignorance were "learned arts" or if it just came natural to those.
Chise is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
I'll Shut Up...
Photobucket
 
Spartan Havoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,622
Spartan Havoc has much to be proud ofSpartan Havoc has much to be proud ofSpartan Havoc has much to be proud ofSpartan Havoc has much to be proud ofSpartan Havoc has much to be proud ofSpartan Havoc has much to be proud ofSpartan Havoc has much to be proud ofSpartan Havoc has much to be proud ofSpartan Havoc has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chise View Post
Can beat.....they didn't. Almost went.....it didn't.

Here's something that's just as retarded.......the MAC Conference is better than the Big 10. Proof: Ohio 24 Penn St. 14
Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot you were from Florida. Biasism much? Florida homer. Go cry a river like you did when you lost against a crappy NC State team.
__________________
2x LEGENDS CHAMPIONS

2013 Big Ten Champions

Last edited by Spartan Havoc : 11-12-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Spartan Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
FBF Pro Bowler
 
WeWantTheVest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,438
WeWantTheVest will become famous soon enough
Default

I think some people don't understand what overrated even means. The SEC has teams ranked 4-9 including a pair of two loss teams ranked above FSU and Clemson. That is overrated. Alabama being ranked 4th after losing to two loss A&M while USC dropped to 13th after losing to undefeated Stanford is overrated. Getting to play the same team twice for the NC is overrated. Claiming BS championships based on opinion as a reason for being ranked high is overrated.

Everyone likes to point out that some of these other conferences can't succeed in the SEC. Obviously A&M has proven otherwise, and I expect most other top teams would as well. On the flip side how would a middle of the pack SEC team do in an offense heavy conference like the Big 12? I'd say not as well. Eventually those types of offenses will beat you. One game with a month to prepare obviously goes to the defense. Week in and week out, I don't see most or maybe any SEC teams going undefeated in the Big 12 or Pac either.

No one with any sense thinks the SEC is not a good football conference, maybe even the best this year. Fact is, we won't really ever be able to say for sure. At least not until 2014.
__________________
WeWantTheVest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
FBF All Star Running Back
 
Chise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 963
Chise will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Havoc View Post
Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot you were from Florida. Biasism much? Florida homer. Go cry a river like you did when you lost against a crappy NC State team.
In another post you claim that this past hurricane boggled my brain, now you say I'm from Florida. The hurricane hit in the Northeast, my profile says I'm from Atlantic City, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out where I'm from.

Your team's tied for last in its division, so what are you crying.....the Pacific Ocean perhaps? FOH.
__________________
I've always wondered if stupidity and ignorance were "learned arts" or if it just came natural to those.

Last edited by Spartan Havoc : 11-12-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Chise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
FBF Pro Bowler
 
BamaChamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,289
BamaChamps has a spectacular aura aboutBamaChamps has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWantTheVest View Post
I think some people don't understand what overrated even means. The SEC has teams ranked 4-9 including a pair of two loss teams ranked above FSU and Clemson. That is overrated. Alabama being ranked 4th after losing to two loss A&M while USC dropped to 13th after losing to undefeated Stanford is overrated. Getting to play the same team twice for the NC is overrated. Claiming BS championships based on opinion as a reason for being ranked high is overrated..

Everyone likes to point out that some of these other conferences can't succeed in the SEC. Obviously A&M has proven otherwise, and I expect most other top teams would as well. On the flip side how would a middle of the pack SEC team do in an offense heavy conference like the Big 12? I'd say not as well. Eventually those types of offenses will beat you. One game with a month to prepare obviously goes to the defense. Week in and week out, I don't see most or maybe any SEC teams going undefeated in the Big 12 or Pac either.

No one with any sense thinks the SEC is not a good football conference, maybe even the best this year. Fact is, we won't really ever be able to say for sure. At least not until 2014.
Is that it? No objective factors, no pointing to any OOC loses by the top teams in the SEC (b/c there are none), no legitimate reason to say that the SEC is overrated except the usual anti-SEC rhetotic. Which is the same tired crap about ESPN and biased voters, and now we are changing the definition of overrated and still the SEC is better . For the SEC to be overrated then logically another conference must be better than them, if not then the SEC is rated right where they should be.

Top teams in some other conferences would finish third in their division in the SEC like A&M. I'll even give you that b/c that's all that A&M has done. Some people seem to forget that A&M was held to 17 pts by Florida and 19 by LSU both home games. Bama turned the ball over 3 times and had more penalties. The only thing that A&M prove is what every football fans knows, any team with a pulse will beat you if you lose the turnover battle by 3 and commit more penalties. A&M also doesn't have to play Ga or SC so two out of three good defenses in the SEC held A&M below 20 pts.

So you can't say for sure or not that the SEC is the best conference but some of you can declare that the SEC is overrated. Which is precisely my point that there is no objective proof that the SEC is overrated, and no conference has done more OOC by beating quality teams or having competitive game then the SEC.

By the way I'm tired of this myth that the SEC has bad offenses. Almost half of the conference is in the top 40 for scoring offenses. When the SEC plays other conferences in bowl games and such they score more than their average like Bama 41 pts against Mich, or LSU 41 against Wash, Tenn 35 at N.C. State. Unlike much of the country the SEC plays on both sides of the ball.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWantTheVest View Post
Looks like BamaChamps might be right though.

Last edited by BamaChamps : 11-12-2012 at 04:08 PM.
BamaChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
FBF All Star Running Back
 
LandRun89''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 923
LandRun89' is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaChamps View Post
Is that it? No objective factors, no pointing to any OOC loses by the top teams in the SEC (b/c there are none), no legitimate reason to say that the SEC is overrated except the usual anti-SEC rhetotic. Which is the same tired crap about ESPN and biased voters, and now we are changing the definition of overrated and still the SEC is better . For the SEC to be overrated then logically another conference must be better than them, if not then the SEC is rated right where they should be.

Top teams in some other conferences would finish third in their division in the SEC like A&M. I'll even give you that b/c that's all that A&M has done. Some people seem to forget that A&M was held to 17 pts by Florida and 19 by LSU both home games. Bama turned the ball over 3 times and had more penalties. The only thing that A&M prove is what every football fans knows, any team with a pulse will beat you if you lose the turnover battle by 3 and commit more penalties. A&M also doesn't have to play Ga or SC so two out of three good defenses in the SEC held A&M below 20 pts.

So you can't say for sure or not that the SEC is the best conference but some of you can declare that the SEC is overrated. Which is precisely my point that there is no objective proof that the SEC is overrated, and no conference has done more OOC by beating quality teams or having competitive game then the SEC.

By the way I'm tired of this myth that the SEC has bad offenses. Almost half of the conference is in the top 40 for scoring offenses. When the SEC plays other conferences in bowl games and such they score more than their average like Bama 41 pts against Mich, or LSU 41 against Wash, Tenn 35 at N.C. State. Unlike much of the country the SEC plays on both sides of the ball.
Not worth the effort for a conference who has a loss or more this season, as was last season!... I'm just glad that people wised up to the fact that getting a second chance to win the NC, does require the two teams involved to be better than just 1-1 with each other!...

Last edited by LandRun89' : 11-13-2012 at 04:06 PM. Reason: addage...
LandRun89' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
FBF Pro Bowler
 
WeWantTheVest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,438
WeWantTheVest will become famous soon enough
Default

I'm assuming the Bama homer's post you quoted was directed to me. Still blocked dude. Not changing either, especially when I can still see the garbage you post when it's quoted by others. Shame too because I know real Bama fans, and none share your ignorance or arrogance.
__________________
WeWantTheVest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
FBF Pro Bowler
 
BamaChamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,289
BamaChamps has a spectacular aura aboutBamaChamps has a spectacular aura about
Default

Again you claim that I'm ignorant but you have yet to disprove anything that I have stated. I and others are still waiting on the proof or legitimate arguments that the SEC is overrated and why another conference is better. What did I post that wasn't facutal? Your lame attempt to attack me doesn't hide the fact that you have nothing to show that any conference is better than the SEC.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWantTheVest View Post
Looks like BamaChamps might be right though.
BamaChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
Looking to be drafted
 
GEAUXTIGERS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: On the Bayou
Posts: 75
GEAUXTIGERS is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaChamps View Post
Trying to change the question won't help you, and I will answer that anyway.
The SEC has 3 OOC wins over BCS top 25 teams.

B12: none
B10: none
ACC: none
P12: 1
Big East: none

So 1 top 25 win combined for all the other AQ conferences.

So technically, the SEC has defeated three times as many ranked OOC opponents as all 4 of the other big conferences combined.

So again I ask all of you who declared that the SEC is overrated, where's the proof or at least make a decent argument.
LoL Now thats Damning right there!
GEAUXTIGERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:22 PM   #20 (permalink)
Looking to be drafted
 
GEAUXTIGERS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: On the Bayou
Posts: 75
GEAUXTIGERS is on a distinguished road
Default

Here is some proof. 6 Championships in a row.
Florida vs. Ohio St (we heard it this year... SEC overrated)Big ten had a chance
LSU vs. Ohio St (yeah I believe here also.... SEC overrated)and again
Florida vs. Oklahoma (SEC overrated) yet Big 12 cant get it done
Alabama vs. Texas (SEC overrated) 2nd chance Big 12...
Auburn vs. Oregon (Aint no way, Auburn Overrated, along with the SEC) Pac 12 Fail
Alabama vs. LSU looks like the only way to beat an "overrated" team is to make them play an "overrated" team. Its awesome that everyone called LSU overrated after this game. haha never mind the fact they played the hardest schedule ever, and went undefeated. Beat (killed)the Pac 12/Rose bowl champ oregon, Beat the Big East/orange bowl champ West Virginia. (both away from home) along with a road win @ #25Miss. St, Beat #3 Arkansas, #19 Auburn, and #17florida. Beat #12 Georgia in ATLANTA, Oh Oh yeah and beat the NATIONAL CHAMPION Alabama in their own Stadium. But yeah LSU sucked they were Overrated. Only if FACTS mattered to you fools!
GEAUXTIGERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios