Overrated SEC - Page 2 - Football Forum - NFL, CFL & College Football Forums
Reply

Old 01-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
FBF Pro Bowler
 
BamaChamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,265
BamaChamps has a spectacular aura aboutBamaChamps has a spectacular aura about
Default

I'm alumni, but I don't really care what you believe. The party is still on.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWantTheVest View Post
Looks like BamaChamps might be right though.
BamaChamps is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
FBF All Star Running Back
 
Chise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 957
Chise will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWantTheVest View Post
Yep. I have two.

Degree or not, there's no reason to be an *** on here.
I agree. Was just wondering why one had to show proof of a degree to prove that they weren't a bandwagoner, that's all.
__________________
I've always wondered if stupidity and ignorance were "learned arts" or if it just came natural to those.
Chise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
Looking to be drafted
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 94
scottc is on a distinguished road
Default

i can understand that BamaChamps is happy that his team won. i would be too.

what i find interesting is that luck played a pivotal role in "your team" winning it all.

Your alumni connection through the Univ of Alabama was a sure sign of genius! it allowed you to root for a team that you knew was going to win and absolutely no other thought was behind it when becoming an alumni (sarcasm)
They then proceed to win a title in 2009 and all bama fans become ecstatic.
Then they back into a title by having LSU play double-jeopardy last year (LSU should have played Ok State) and bama fans become over-confident
Then they play an obviously over-rated Notre Dame (some Bama fan saw them winning by 7... i personally had them winning by 19) and bama fans become b... itchy.

and this all goes back to the media creating a system that allowed an undeserving team (whether alabama or its opponent) into a title game the this and last year.
and specifically we have to endure this ...itchiness from certain people (not that they know football but) because they happen to randomly be connected to a school that wins football games.

intelligence be damned. the ultimate righteousness is bestowed upon the lottery win.

Last edited by scottc : 01-09-2013 at 11:10 AM.
scottc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
FBF Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 204
Beatnik Husker is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
i can understand that BamaChamps is happy that his team won. i would be too.

what i find interesting is that luck played a pivotal role in "your team" winning it all.

Your alumni connection through the Univ of Alabama was a sure sign of genius! it allowed you to root for a team that you knew was going to win and absolutely no other thought was behind it when becoming an alumni (sarcasm)
They then proceed to win a title in 2009 and all bama fans become ecstatic.
Then they back into a title by having LSU play double-jeopardy last year (LSU should have played Ok State) and bama fans become over-confident
Then they play an obviously over-rated Notre Dame (some Bama fan saw them winning by 7... i personally had them winning by 19) and bama fans become b... itchy.

and this all goes back to the media creating a system that allowed an undeserving team (whether alabama or its opponent) into a title game the this and last year.
and specifically we have to endure this ...itchiness from certain people (not that they know football but) because they happen to randomly be connected to a school that wins football games.

intelligence be damned. the ultimate righteousness is bestowed upon the lottery win.
You sir... do not believe in luck, remember? Teams win because they "prepare" and "are in the right place at the right time" because of that preparation.

Are you saying BamaChamps has spent his life preparing for SEC/Bama's domination?
__________________
Treruvre vb r tdec fo cqn qvpqnbc fauna! Odtx qvz, reu odtx lfd ofa carebyrcvep cqvb!
Beatnik Husker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
FBF Pro Bowler
 
BamaChamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,265
BamaChamps has a spectacular aura aboutBamaChamps has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik Husker View Post
You sir... do not believe in luck, remember? Teams win because they "prepare" and "are in the right place at the right time" because of that preparation.

Are you saying BamaChamps has spent his life preparing for SEC/Bama's domination?
lol lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWantTheVest View Post
Looks like BamaChamps might be right though.
BamaChamps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
Looking to be drafted
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 94
scottc is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik Husker View Post
You sir... do not believe in luck, remember? Teams win because they "prepare" and "are in the right place at the right time" because of that preparation.

Are you saying BamaChamps has spent his life preparing for SEC/Bama's domination?
i apologize, replace "luck" with "chance".

and no, i believe bamachamps is a delusional individual who justifies everything he says and does based on his team winning.
scottc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
Keepin It Real
Photobucket
 
Canadian Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,743
Blog Entries: 5
Canadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond reputeCanadian Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
i apologize, replace "luck" with "chance".

and no, i believe bamachamps is a delusional individual who justifies everything he says and does based on his team winning.
You would prefer that he defend reasons as to why his team isn't winning? Or making assumptions and claims based on anything other then wins or program strength? Thus far, this season, there have been more people talking smack, who's teams were losing, then BC for a team that was winning... As much as you (generally speaking not you personally Scott) may not want to admit it, BC's team won the NC game this year. That team is from the SEC and that team make a complete and total joke of a team that, before they got spanked in the BC game, had people thinking that it was even going to be a game... In fact, the only people saying that ND was overrated did so at about halftime in the NC game once they saw that it was a cake walk for Bama out there...

I want a true playoff, always have, always will... Until that happens the BCS is all we have to go with at this time. And for better or worse, the SEC delivers time and again.
__________________

Thanks to VIPER!
Canadian Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #18 (permalink)
FBF Pro Bowler
 
WeWantTheVest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,408
WeWantTheVest will become famous soon enough
Default

The BCS is a joke and so is anyone that uses it to justify anything.
__________________
WeWantTheVest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
FBF Pro Bowler
 
BamaChamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,265
BamaChamps has a spectacular aura aboutBamaChamps has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWantTheVest View Post
The BCS is a joke and so is anyone that uses it to justify anything.
The BCS is the best system college football ever had, until the playoffs come.

Before the BCS placed #1 against #2, the top two teams in the AP poll entering the bowl games met just eight times in the previous 56 years.link

Before the BCS every year 3 or more teams would claim some type of national title from the AP, Coaches, UPI, USA/ESPN or some other publication.

Before the BCS there was a lot more controversy like in 1990 (just one example) where 4 teams claimed some sort of title, Colorado 11-1-1, Ga Tech 11-0-1, Miami 10-2, Washington 10-2.

The BCS era even with all of its flaws is by far the most accurate era for determining a true Champion in college football history.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWantTheVest View Post
Looks like BamaChamps might be right though.

Last edited by BamaChamps : 01-09-2013 at 07:42 PM.
BamaChamps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
FBF Rookie
 
AggieNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 190
AggieNation is on a distinguished road
Default

Now I have been quietly viewing this thread as well as the many others that have been going on since Bama winning the national championship and I would like to have my say, I am not here to argue but I would just like to put my input out there.

BamaChamps- I think that your sense of humor, people may not understand. With that being said, there is no reason for you to brag this much. After all, I know a team who beat the national champs this year. I understand completely your excitement for your team. Who wouldn't be excited about winning a national championship. But sometimes, enough is enough. There is no need to disown other teams/people on this forum. My advice to you, would be to sit back, and enjoy the great accomplishment by Bama without being to rude about it. Nobody likes a sore winner.

Everyone else- While BamaChamps may be a little too excited (to put it at the least)cut him some slack. Admit it, you all thought that Florida and LSU losing, showed the weakness of the SEC. Well guess again. I was frankly tired of all the nonsense about how the SEC is overrated. Now I know A&M has been in the SEC only 1 year, and I probably have no room to talk. But I am very proud of the SEC this year, and I feel that A&M has found a new home. I bet if your team that you support wins 3 national championships in 4 years, you would get pretty happy and belated.

In conclusion of the year, I think we can all agree that the BCS is garbage.
Sorry if this might have come off rude, but I just wanted to express my opinion on the matter.

Thank you all, and I look forward to another season of college football next year.
__________________
#7 Texas A&M Aggies
Currently: 5-1
AggieNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios