Football Forum - NFL, CFL & College Football Forums - View Single Post - Fresno St

Thread: Fresno St
View Single Post

Old 11-29-2013, 08:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Kinnick
FBF Pro Bowler

Kinnick is a jewel in the roughKinnick is a jewel in the roughKinnick is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWantTheVest View Post
Fresno State isn't Boise State from a few years ago. They didn't beat anyone to brag about, they hadn't been dominating their conference and they didn't beat Oklahoma in a BcS bowl. It doesn't matter, because we'll probably still have to watch NIU get beat down.

Wait, I thought all of them, including the MNC were about "deserve" over "best"?
The actual NC that happened in reality are about deserve over best. The other BCS games certainly arent. When you have 5 loss Big East champs and non AQ teams with SofS's in the 90s, you know the 10 most deserving teams were not taken. Plus the number of fans that a team brings is usually the tipping point when deciding between two teams. Luckily, in the new system, when 12 teams are taken, there is no cap on the # of teams from one conference. If we get 5 SEC teams, so be it. It will never be the best 12, but I bet the best 8 will always be taken with a bit of collateral damage. The highest ranked group of 5 (i.e. 5 small conferences) will automatically be taken. I dont mind throwing the little guy a bone or a ribbon just for participating. If they got an automatic spot into a playoff, then I would be up in arms. All in all I like the new system, I have done a 180 over the last 3-5 years.
Kinnick is offline   Reply With Quote