Football Forum - NFL, CFL & College Football Forums - View Single Post - Boston eager to compete

View Single Post

Old 07-14-2006, 12:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
ABuccsFan

ABuccsFan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Boston eager to compete

The Buccaneers have 14 receivers on the roster, and here's a news flash: They won't all be there come opening day.

Although the Bucs kept seven receivers on this past season's final roster - a particularly high number in comparison with the rest of the league - there will still be some tough choices come August.

All of this brings us to David Boston, whose signing in May only intensifies the competition in what could be the most scrutinized unit during training camp.

After largely forgettable, injury-plagued seasons with the Dolphins the past two years, Boston is quickly working himself back into form and figures to spice up the competition in camp if he can recapture his signature speed and power.

"I feel good," Boston said recently. "I'm just out there running around. It's great to be able to go out there and run around without any pain so I can compete. I love to compete. I'm getting a chance to show my athletic ability right now."

Entire article:
http://www.sptimes.com/2006/07/09/Bu...to_compe.shtml
ABuccsFan is offline   Reply With Quote