Fresno St - Page 2 - Football Forum - NFL, CFL & College Football Forums
Reply

Old 11-30-2013, 12:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
FBF Pro Bowler
 
BamaChamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,315
BamaChamps has a spectacular aura aboutBamaChamps has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWantTheVest View Post
12 games against mostly mediocre competition followed by endless debate over which wins or losses look better is not settling anything on the field.

I didn't say it was. Winning the WAC and going undefeated with a win over a team like Oregon could be considered more impressive than being #2 in another conference. You're really missing the point. We don't know. All that we do know is that Boise State had two undefeated seasons and won both of the BcS bowls they went to those years.
There's nothing impressive about winning the WAC or MWC. That's like NBA development league champs saying they deserve to play the Miami Heat in the Finals.
__________________
Quote:
Looks like BamaChamps might be right though.
BamaChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-30-2013, 01:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
FBF Pro Bowler
 
WeWantTheVest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,483
WeWantTheVest will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaChamps View Post
There's nothing impressive about winning the WAC or MWC. That's like NBA development league champs saying they deserve to play the Miami Heat in the Finals.
That's not even a remotely valid comparison. You do realize we're talking about football, correct?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
WeWantTheVest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
FBF Pro Bowler
 
BamaChamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,315
BamaChamps has a spectacular aura aboutBamaChamps has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWantTheVest View Post
That's not even a remotely valid comparison. You do realize we're talking about football, correct?
Google the definition of an analogy my friend.
__________________
Quote:
Looks like BamaChamps might be right though.
BamaChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-30-2013, 04:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
FBF Pro Bowler
 
WeWantTheVest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,483
WeWantTheVest will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaChamps View Post
Google the definition of an analogy my friend.
Is Google where all Bama "grads" get their information?

Apples to oranges, my friend.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by WeWantTheVest; 11-30-2013 at 05:18 AM..
WeWantTheVest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
FBF Pro Bowler
 
BamaChamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,315
BamaChamps has a spectacular aura aboutBamaChamps has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWantTheVest View Post
Is Google where all Bama "grads" get their information?

Apples to oranges, my friend.
It takes less time to google obvious information than to get a free tattoo.
__________________
Quote:
Looks like BamaChamps might be right though.
BamaChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
FBF Pro Bowler
 
WeWantTheVest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,483
WeWantTheVest will become famous soon enough
Default

What free tattoos? They traded their personal possessions for those tattoos. I'd rather have a free suit, new cars or a loan from my coaches any day though.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
WeWantTheVest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:28 PM   #17 (permalink)
FBF Rookie
 
gatorfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 244
gatorfan is on a distinguished road
Default

Now boys .... let's not get catty (meeeeoooowwwwww).

I do get a bit nervous when the media starts hyping a WAC or MWC team (remember Colt what's-his-name and Hawaii.... undefeated, a zillion passing yards and records, nobody can touch them?? Nobody except Georgia in the Sugar Bowl - sacked dude 6 times and blew Hawaii out of the stadium. I think back ('cause I'm old and can remember waaaaaayyy back) when they claimed BYU national champs back in the 80's just because they were undefeated and beat Mich. in a bowl game. I saw a discussion among sportswriters and media types over the issue if BYU deserved to be #1 since they played a very weak conf. schedule. One guy said, "It's hard to go undefeated in ANY conf. so they deserve the #1 ranking. Another guy's answer was "Harvard was undefeated this year too, so why aren't they in the discussion?" A valid point I think. I saw Fresno St. play a couple of games and they do have a very good QB in baby-brother Carr, but defense they obviously DON't have. Yes, a "lesser conf" team does beat a "big" conf team now and then (see Mich/App St and, sadly, my Gators with Ga Sou this year), but except for a few exceptions they usually disappoint when they get in a "big" bowl game.

I think back to 2009 when Cin. Bearcats were undefeated in regular season and were in the discussion to be in the NC game. Fortunately they weren't as Florida demolished them in their bowl game. A look at Cincy's schedule didn't show much competition at all.

It's one thing to have a schedule of Colo St., Air Force, UNLV, San Diego St, etc. and quite another to play Bama, So. Car., LSU, Oregon, Stanford, USC, Ohio St, Mich St., Wisc, Ok, Ok St, Tex, Baylor, etc etc etc year in and year out.
gatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
FBF Pro Bowler
 
WeWantTheVest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,483
WeWantTheVest will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfan View Post
Now boys .... let's not get catty (meeeeoooowwwwww).

I do get a bit nervous when the media starts hyping a WAC or MWC team (remember Colt what's-his-name and Hawaii.... undefeated, a zillion passing yards and records, nobody can touch them?? Nobody except Georgia in the Sugar Bowl - sacked dude 6 times and blew Hawaii out of the stadium. I think back ('cause I'm old and can remember waaaaaayyy back) when they claimed BYU national champs back in the 80's just because they were undefeated and beat Mich. in a bowl game. I saw a discussion among sportswriters and media types over the issue if BYU deserved to be #1 since they played a very weak conf. schedule. One guy said, "It's hard to go undefeated in ANY conf. so they deserve the #1 ranking. Another guy's answer was "Harvard was undefeated this year too, so why aren't they in the discussion?" A valid point I think. I saw Fresno St. play a couple of games and they do have a very good QB in baby-brother Carr, but defense they obviously DON't have. Yes, a "lesser conf" team does beat a "big" conf team now and then (see Mich/App St and, sadly, my Gators with Ga Sou this year), but except for a few exceptions they usually disappoint when they get in a "big" bowl game.

I think back to 2009 when Cin. Bearcats were undefeated in regular season and were in the discussion to be in the NC game. Fortunately they weren't as Florida demolished them in their bowl game. A look at Cincy's schedule didn't show much competition at all.

It's one thing to have a schedule of Colo St., Air Force, UNLV, San Diego St, etc. and quite another to play Bama, So. Car., LSU, Oregon, Stanford, USC, Ohio St, Mich St., Wisc, Ok, Ok St, Tex, Baylor, etc etc etc year in and year out.
A couple things. First, Harvard was I-AA the year BYU won their MNC. Unless there's discussion about North Dakota State that I'm unaware, whoever said that is an idiot. Actually, they are no matter what. Second, when you talk about teams like Hawaii and Cincinnati, those teams are one hit wonders. Similar to Fresno State this year, although they couldn't keep it rolling. Boise State isn't in the same category. They had several years of success, were consistently beating "better" teams throughout their run and were 2-0 in BcS bowls. NIU could be getting talked about a lot more as well thanks to Jordan Lynch, but they haven't beaten teams like Oregon, etc. They also were embarrassed by Florida State last season. Now, imagine that NIU wins that game, and has a team like Missouri or Oklahoma State on their schedule this year. You're talking about them having beaten the mostly consensus #1 ranked team in the country, yet they wouldn't deserve to be in the discussion because of the conference they play in? If we don't think these teams ever deserve a shot, no matter what they do, it's time for another split.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
WeWantTheVest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:30 AM   #19 (permalink)
FBF Pro Bowler
 
BamaChamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,315
BamaChamps has a spectacular aura aboutBamaChamps has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWantTheVest View Post
What free tattoos? They traded their personal possessions for those tattoos. I'd rather have a free suit, new cars or a loan from my coaches any day though.
Maybe if the OSU coaches gave the players a loan, the players wouldn't have to improperly sell their football memorabilia including big ten championship rings. But, OSU already has boosters who "inadvertently overpaid" players for work, and gave them "great bargains" on automobiles.
__________________
Quote:
Looks like BamaChamps might be right though.
BamaChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:58 AM   #20 (permalink)
FBF Pro Bowler
 
BamaChamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,315
BamaChamps has a spectacular aura aboutBamaChamps has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWantTheVest View Post
A couple things. First, Harvard was I-AA the year BYU won their MNC. Unless there's discussion about North Dakota State that I'm unaware, whoever said that is an idiot. Actually, they are no matter what. Second, when you talk about teams like Hawaii and Cincinnati, those teams are one hit wonders. Similar to Fresno State this year, although they couldn't keep it rolling. Boise State isn't in the same category. They had several years of success, were consistently beating "better" teams throughout their run and were 2-0 in BcS bowls. NIU could be getting talked about a lot more as well thanks to Jordan Lynch, but they haven't beaten teams like Oregon, etc. They also were embarrassed by Florida State last season. Now, imagine that NIU wins that game, and has a team like Missouri or Oklahoma State on their schedule this year. You're talking about them having beaten the mostly consensus #1 ranked team in the country, yet they wouldn't deserve to be in the discussion because of the conference they play in? If we don't think these teams ever deserve a shot, no matter what they do, it's time for another split.

Once again Boise doesn't always win, even with that easy schedule. They have only been unbeaten twice in their history, 2006 & 2009. Also, they can earn a shot, join an AQ conference and win it.

Its very funny coming from you especially how you have talked about FSU & Bama schedule not being tough. But you don't mention that Boise St every year plays about 6-7 of the worst teams in all of FBS. This year Bama played Colorado St from the MWC, and Bama made a ton of mistakes still won 31-6 lol. Now imagine if they played that type of team all season long.

The bottom line is that Boise is never going to play for the title with that kind of schedule. And its up to them, not other programs, to join the big boys or at least schedule better.
__________________
Quote:
Looks like BamaChamps might be right though.
BamaChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios

 

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2