Best CB In The AFC - Page 5 - Football Forum - NFL, CFL & College Football Forums

View Poll Results: Who is the best CB in the AFC?

Champ Bailey 29 26.36%
Chris McAllister 39 35.45%
Patrick Surtain 20 18.18%
Donnie Abraham 1 0.91%
Charles Woodson 13 11.82%
Nate Clements 8 7.27%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 05-24-2005, 04:02 PM   #41 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 7,456
imported_Jim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Predator@May 24th '05 @ 4:51 pm
Jimmy Smith also made him look like a *****.
...No he didn't.
imported_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-24-2005, 04:15 PM   #42 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,138
imported_BleedOrange&Blue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Predator@May 24th '05 @ 4:51 pm
Jimmy Smith also made him look like a *****.
:wtf: 3 Rec for 69 yards half off which were off Lenny Walls yea he was sure his "*****".
imported_BleedOrange&Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 04:32 PM   #43 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,179
r8erray is an unknown quantity at this point
Northwestern

Where is Ty Law in this poll?


Most of the CB's on the poll are so close in talent that it's really hard to decide. There is no clear cut winner and to say one corner is easily the best just isn't right. Everyone of course will have their arguments on whose better but when it comes down to it each CB has his bad or good day. Me being a Raiders fan and for my own reasons think C-Wood is the best but he isn't a whole lot better than some of the others on this poll.
r8erray is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-24-2005, 04:34 PM   #44 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 49,946
Predator is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by BleedOrange&Blue@May 24th '05 @ 6:15 pm
:wtf: 3 Rec for 69 yards half off which were off Lenny Walls yea he was sure his "*****".


Thinking about the wrong game! My bad!
Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 04:38 PM   #45 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,138
imported_BleedOrange&Blue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by swampfather@May 24th '05 @ 3:06 pm
Bro I hate to disagree with you, but you are buying in to a bunch of Champ Bailey BS hype.* Is he a good corner?* Yes.* Is he great?* Not yet.* Is he a shutdown corner?* Hell to the no.* Champ got burned twice......in one game!* By Chad Johnson, on Monday Night Football for the whole world to see.* He also got smoked by Michael Clayton in week 4 and jumped on his face to act like the reason he got smoked was he lost his footing.* I believed it the first time, until he turned around and did it again when Chad beat him deep.* And lets not forget how he got anihilated by Jerry Porter for 135 yards and 3 TD's.* And it wasn't cuz of the D line.* They were running blitz packages early in the season and leaving Champ on the best recievers one on one because he was supposed to be this Deion Sanders type CB that would shut people down.* After that didn't work out, we had to go to a whole new defensive scheme to account for that.* Champ may be the most athletic DB in the AFC, but he's far from the best.* He's all hype and is a big disappointment thus far.* Why do you think we took 3 Corners in the draft this year?
You can have your own opinion but I strongly disagree. I think champ is the best corner in the AFC no doubt. Ill give a few reasons why.

1. Champ was selected to the pro-bowl by his peers not to mention being called the best corner in the NFL by Steelers head coach Bill Cowher.

2. During the MNF game when Champ was beat his assignment was to cover short rouetes with safety Kennoy Kennedy backing him up unfortunetly Kennedy fell asleep and allowed Chad to run right by him. This made Champ print down the field and try to break it up. He also slipped during ne play which is unexpectable but slipping is not really his fault.

3. With are horrible D-Line Champ was forced to cover people for twice as long as Chris McAllister. No corner not even Deon Sanders could cover someone for 10 seconds let alone a quality WR like Jerry Porter. This atrocious D-Line pressure was shown in the Oakland Snow game when Kerry Collins had 10+ seconds to find Porter.

4. He also is the best tackling corner in the NFL. He made 68 solo tackles. That is seven more than Raider linebacker Napoleon Harris made.

Call it "homerisim" if you want but this is my
imported_BleedOrange&Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 04:47 PM   #46 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 307
BoKnowsFootball34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by MileHighSalute@May 24th '05 @ 2:39 pm
champ bailey easy... yea he got burned twice .. what CB doest get burned but he is more athletice than any of the other CB's listed and prolly is one of the most athletice CB's in the nfl... the only reason he did get burnied was our d line... try having mario fatafahe( how do u spell it? ) m. pope and coleman starting and see what CB doesnt get burned... but this question is in the air because all of the rules and **** keep CB's from playing how they should be playing.. so unless those rules change then its all based on who u like the most
Dont use the D Line excuse please b/c that is the reason C-Wood has become a mediocre corner to all fans around the league who arent Raiders fans. If Woodson had a pass rush hes the best. 16 sacks in 16 games which is 1 a game while 8 were in 1 game. Tell me how great our pass rush was brother.
BoKnowsFootball34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 04:50 PM   #47 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 307
BoKnowsFootball34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by BleedOrange&Blue@May 24th '05 @ 6:38 pm
You can have your own opinion but I strongly disagree. I think champ is the best corner in the AFC no doubt. Ill give a few reasons why.

1. Champ was selected to the pro-bowl by his peers not to mention being called the best corner in the NFL by Steelers head coach Bill Cowher.

2. During the MNF game when Champ was beat his assignment was to cover short rouetes with safety Kennoy Kennedy backing him up unfortunetly Kennedy fell asleep and allowed Chad to run right by him. This made Champ print down the field and try to break it up. He also slipped during ne play which is unexpectable but slipping is not really his fault.

3. With are horrible D-Line Champ was forced to cover people for twice as long as Chris McAllister. No corner not even Deon Sanders could cover someone for 10 seconds let alone a quality WR like Jerry Porter. This atrocious D-Line pressure was shown in the Oakland Snow game when Kerry Collins had 10+ seconds to find Porter.

4. He also is the best tackling corner in the NFL. He made 68 solo tackles. That is seven more than Raider linebacker Napoleon Harris made.

Call it "homerisim" if you want but this is my
Who cares what Cowher says. When has he ever faced Champ? Never . He isnt the best tackling corner in the league either thats Woodson hands down or Winfield. Just cause a corner has alot of tackles dont make him great at it. Maybe he had alot of tackles b/c people were making catches on him or other members of the secondary where he tackled the guy 15 yards down the field.
BoKnowsFootball34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 04:52 PM   #48 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 9,149
imported_Montreal514 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Marlin Jackson
imported_Montreal514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 04:54 PM   #49 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 49,946
Predator is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by BoKnowsFootball34@May 24th '05 @ 6:50 pm
Who cares what Cowher says. When has he ever faced Champ? Never . He isnt the best tackling corner in the league either thats Woodson hands down or Winfield. Just cause a corner has alot of tackles dont make him great at it. Maybe he had alot of tackles b/c people were making catches on him or other members of the secondary where he tackled the guy 15 yards down the field.
I'm sure Cowher has faced him...
Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 04:56 PM   #50 (permalink)
FBF Hall Of Famer
 
MileHighSalute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,790
MileHighSalute is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by BoKnowsFootball34@May 24th '05 @ 5:47 pm
Dont use the D Line excuse please b/c that is the reason C-Wood has become a mediocre corner to all fans around the league who arent Raiders fans. If Woodson had a pass rush hes the best. 16 sacks in 16 games which is 1 a game while 8 were in 1 game.* Tell me how great our pass rush was brother.
you gusy had the talent but sapp and washinton were busts... we didnt even have the talent to have a great line... C woodson is the 2nd ro thrid best.. right behind champ :flipa:... the thing is ur always gonna think c woodson is better and im always gonna think champ.. cause they play for uor team
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sig my me^
DW27 DN29
-----
"Al wilson is not as publicized as urlacher and lewis, but I believe Al Wilson is just as good as those two guys"-Gil Brandt
MileHighSalute is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios

 

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2