Which 04 playoff team has the best chance - Football Forum - NFL, CFL & College Football Forums

View Poll Results: Which 04 playoff team has the best chance not repeating?

Steelers 4 5.48%
Patriots 1 1.37%
Colts 0 0%
Chargers 7 9.59%
Jets 3 4.11%
Broncos 19 26.03%
Eagles 1 1.37%
Falcons 1 1.37%
Vikings 12 16.44%
Seahawks 13 17.81%
Vikings 0 0%
Rams 12 16.44%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 06-04-2005, 08:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,287
imported_Alex_DeLarge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Everyone talks about which teams that didnt make the playoffs in 2004 have the best chances at going to the playoffs, well, which team that made the playoffs in 2004 has the best chance at not going to the playoffs in 2005?

I accidently put the Vikings twice, so if you want to vote the Packers, vote for the first Vikings, my bad.
imported_Alex_DeLarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-04-2005, 08:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,821
I bleed Sooner red is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

I voted Broncos..not too much of an improvement via draft..free agency..etc. Plus Chiefs and Raiders improved immensely.
I bleed Sooner red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 08:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,287
imported_Alex_DeLarge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by I bleed Sooner red@Jun 4th '05 @ 8:07 pm
I voted Broncos..not too much of an improvement via draft..free agency..etc. Plus Chiefs and Raiders improved immensely.
They'd be my second vote.
imported_Alex_DeLarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-04-2005, 08:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 6,076
Ravens_52Oilers_94 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

The Packers.
Ravens_52Oilers_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 08:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 30,817
tregrimmd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

about half those teams probably wont be in the playoffs...

Steelers
Patriots
Chargers
Seahawks
Packers
tregrimmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 08:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,821
I bleed Sooner red is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by tregrimmd@Jun 4th '05 @ 8:37 pm
about half those teams probably wont be in the playoffs...

Steelers
Patriots
Chargers
Seahawks
Packers
uhhhh
I bleed Sooner red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 08:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 30,817
tregrimmd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Steelers = Bettis isnt as motivated and nearly retired, Plaxico is gone leaving only Ward to get double teamed and Randle El to get abused at the LOS...we'll see what Roeth is all about this season, face a little adversity...if he leads them back to the playoffs this year he's the real deal...Ravens and Bengals both make a push for that division this year

Patriots = lost Romeo Crennel, Charlie Weis, Tedy Bruschi...the two driving forces that have made them champions, and the spiritual and emotional leader on the field....those scrub DBs and WRs are going to come down to Earth this season, we'll see the wheels on that bandwagon officially fall off...Jets and Bills both make a serious push to win that division this year

Chargers = one hit wonder in a divison that improved all around them, if Brees doesnt have another one of the best NFL QB seasons of all-time, the Chargers don't get **** done....8-8 at best...Raiders or Broncos take that division this year

Seahawks = their RB doesn't want to be there, their top WR just got cut, they still dont have an edge, and their division also improved all around them...the Rams bolstering that run defense and putting 2 LBs at safety are going to force teams into a shootout every game, exactly what Martz wants to see...Seahawks don't win the divison, and they don't win the wild card...they don't even finish second, Cardinals pass them this year...

Packers = another season with Brett Favre, but their top WR is holding out, their stud RB got arrested and had all sorts of off the field issues this offseason making football a lower priority, their defense is still dog **** and actually got worse, and they didn't use the draft to address their immediate defensive needs. but hey, atleast they got Aaron Rodgers...Vikings and Lions both finish ahead of the Pack this year
tregrimmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 09:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,287
imported_Alex_DeLarge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by tregrimmd@Jun 4th '05 @ 8:51 pm
Steelers = Bettis isnt as motivated and nearly retired, Plaxico is gone leaving only Ward to get double teamed and Randle El to get abused at the LOS...we'll see what Roeth is all about this season, face a little adversity...if he leads them back to the playoffs this year he's the real deal...Ravens and Bengals both make a push for that division this year

Patriots = lost Romeo Crennel, Charlie Weis, Tedy Bruschi...the two driving forces that have made them champions, and the spiritual and emotional leader on the field....those scrub DBs and WRs are going to come down to Earth this season, we'll see the wheels on that bandwagon officially fall off...Jets and Bills both make a serious push to win that division this year

Chargers = one hit wonder in a divison that improved all around them, if Brees doesnt have another one of the best NFL QB seasons of all-time, the Chargers don't get **** done....8-8 at best...Raiders or Broncos take that division this year

Seahawks = their RB doesn't want to be there, their top WR just got cut, they still dont have an edge, and their division also improved all around them...the Rams bolstering that run defense and putting 2 LBs at safety are going to force teams into a shootout every game, exactly what Martz wants to see...Seahawks don't win the divison, and they don't win the wild card...they don't even finish second, Cardinals pass them this year...

Packers = another season with Brett Favre, but their top WR is holding out, their stud RB got arrested and had all sorts of off the field issues this offseason making football a lower priority, their defense is still dog **** and actually got worse, and they didn't use the draft to address their immediate defensive needs. but hey, atleast they got Aaron Rodgers...Vikings and Lions both finish ahead of the Pack this year
Bettis not motivated? It's the mans last year most likely, he wants to go out with a bang, and with a skilled quarterback and defense, he knows he has the chance, he's motivated more than anyone on that team.
imported_Alex_DeLarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 09:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 30,817
tregrimmd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

last year was the big bang from the Bus, hes out of gas
tregrimmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 09:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
FBF Hall Of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lackawanna, NY
Posts: 23,348
mlynch69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

I voted for the Chargers. I think last year was somewhat of a fluke and they will be around .500 this year.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Props to Megatron ^^^
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Artist formerly known as wmcgahee69
big foot causes all train derailings.
mlynch69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios

 

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2