Officials - Football Forum - NFL, CFL & College Football Forums
Reply

Old 01-01-2007, 11:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1
gregg0217 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

I'm sure fans of every level of football have noticed errors during games. Players, coaches and owners are not allowed to criticize officials on comment on their errors without fear of action from the NFL. What is the NFL afraid of? What can fans to ensure that rules are applied fairly. Do we need to boycott football completely for a few years and hit 'em where it hurst most? Anyone have any suggestions?
gregg0217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-01-2007, 02:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,854
VDavis85n'ufsaid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gregg &#064; Jan 1st ) [snapback]1841960[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I&#39;m sure fans of every level of football have noticed errors during games. Players, coaches and owners are not allowed to criticize officials on comment on their errors without fear of action from the NFL. What is the NFL afraid of? What can fans to ensure that rules are applied fairly. Do we need to boycott football completely for a few years and hit &#39;em where it hurst most? Anyone have any suggestions?
[/b]
Well, fire all the incompetent fools would help. Fix the replay also, some of these calls were absolute bull**** calls for some of them saw the player clearly caught the ball, but then bull**** came around to say they didn&#39;t&#33; I agree on boycott, it&#39;s going strong in SF as 70,000 clearly don&#39;t come to 49er games anymore, but that&#39;s due to our idiot owner JOhn York and some incompetence on the team.

Think that&#39;s bad? Look at the NBA> Mark Cuban of the Mavericks got ***** slapped quite a lot in the playoffs&#33; He really got socked in the pocket book in official criticizing&#33; I agree, the sport needs to be applied fairly for everybody to enjoy. I never forgot the Buc/Ram game championship where the player did catch the ball, but it was unjustly taken away&#33;

I hope the NFL fixes the officiating, I&#39;m tired of these horse **** calls&#33; Half the calls on K Harris probably weren&#39;t even correct either&#33;
VDavis85n'ufsaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 15,774
Alter Ego is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VDavis85n&#39;ufsaid &#064; Jan 1st ) [snapback]1842468[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Well, fire all the incompetent fools would help. Fix the replay also, some of these calls were absolute bull**** calls for some of them saw the player clearly caught the ball, but then bull**** came around to say they didn&#39;t&#33; I agree on boycott, it&#39;s going strong in SF as 70,000 clearly don&#39;t come to 49er games anymore, but that&#39;s due to our idiot owner JOhn York and some incompetence on the team.

Think that&#39;s bad? Look at the NBA> Mark Cuban of the Mavericks got ***** slapped quite a lot in the playoffs&#33; He really got socked in the pocket book in official criticizing&#33; I agree, the sport needs to be applied fairly for everybody to enjoy. I never forgot the Buc/Ram game championship where the player did catch the ball, but it was unjustly taken away&#33;

I hope the NFL fixes the officiating, I&#39;m tired of these horse **** calls&#33; Half the calls on K Harris probably weren&#39;t even correct either&#33;
[/b]
Oh boy......
Alter Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-01-2007, 04:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,199
OutForBlood is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VDavis85n&#39;ufsaid &#064; Jan 1st ) [snapback]1842468[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Well, fire all the incompetent fools would help. Fix the replay also, some of these calls were absolute bull**** calls for some of them saw the player clearly caught the ball, but then bull**** came around to say they didn&#39;t&#33; I agree on boycott, it&#39;s going strong in SF as 70,000 clearly don&#39;t come to 49er games anymore, but that&#39;s due to our idiot owner JOhn York and some incompetence on the team.

Think that&#39;s bad? Look at the NBA> Mark Cuban of the Mavericks got ***** slapped quite a lot in the playoffs&#33; He really got socked in the pocket book in official criticizing&#33; I agree, the sport needs to be applied fairly for everybody to enjoy. I never forgot the Buc/Ram game championship where the player did catch the ball, but it was unjustly taken away&#33;

I hope the NFL fixes the officiating, I&#39;m tired of these horse **** calls&#33; Half the calls on K Harris probably weren&#39;t even correct either&#33;
[/b]


Hahaha I think I&#39;m dumber after reading that post. Boycott football yeh that&#39;ll teach them
OutForBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 04:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,854
VDavis85n'ufsaid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OutForBlood &#064; Jan 1st ) [snapback]1842625[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hahaha I think I&#39;m dumber after reading that post. Boycott football yeh that&#39;ll teach them
[/b]
Let&#39;s see, Gregg makes some sort of suggestion, you don&#39;t see that a problem. Yet when I make that suggestion, you seem to be prejudice towards me or something. And if you don&#39;t tell me what the problem is, well, it&#39;ll just get worse.

But as to the subject at hand, if you don&#39;t see any problems with the officiating this year, what games did you watch exactly? Sorry, Madden games don&#39;t count now&#33; The part of Mark Cuban in the NBA is very accurate last year in the playoffs involving Dallas and San Antonio where lots of hostility took place amongst bad officiating.

It&#39;s also a known fact that the 49er fan base has taken a dump. I don&#39;t see 70,000 going to the home games. Whatever attendance figures they are feeding to the local paper is an out and out lie and Fox and CBS shouldn&#39;t televise a game clearly not sold out.

Finally, who was to say how many of those calls were accurate on K Harris on the 49ers? Everytime the 49ers had a big play, a TD, boom, flag, holding on Harris, drive killed&#33; Each and every time, big drive, flag on Harris. That&#39;s why we got to get rid of him.

Thank you for hopefully figuring out what I just explained to you.
VDavis85n'ufsaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 04:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,199
OutForBlood is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Nobody in their right minds would boycott NFL for "bad referees" thats just stupid. All I see in your posts are homer whinings its always the California teams that get screwed right? No. We&#39;ve been upset with the reffing since the 2nd game of the season, but I doubt any of us would boycott the sport. I hardly watch the NBA, but I do believe the no whining rule is very deserving, because blaming a loss on a bad call is just stupid.

The only major problem I saw with the refs this past week were those ridiculous sweatpants
OutForBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 04:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,854
VDavis85n'ufsaid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OutForBlood &#064; Jan 1st ) [snapback]1842650[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Nobody in their right minds would boycott NFL for "bad referees" thats just stupid. All I see in your posts are homer whinings its always the California teams that get screwed right? No. We&#39;ve been upset with the reffing since the 2nd game of the season, but I doubt any of us would boycott the sport. I hardly watch the NBA, but I do believe the no whining rule is very deserving, because blaming a loss on a bad call is just stupid.

The only major problem I saw with the refs this past week were those ridiculous sweatpants
[/b]
Well, what about one Raider game I believe against the Chargers when somebody spiked the ball foolishly and the Raiders recovered, but the refs muffed that call? Then in the 49er games when A Bryant catches a 70 yard TD, boom, flag on Harris. Gore runs for a big gain, boom, flag on Harris. My problem with the officiating is this:

They made bad judgement calls, usually in a close game, usually in a playoff, and maybe one day, the Superbowl to really screw somebody> You know what happens when this sort of thing is out of control? It makes the sport bad, simple as that. Everytime you see something good about to come out and hope for your team, there goes the BS call. Officiating does cost teams the game regardless if you feel the better team won or lost. I feel 100% of the game should be played and determined, not 59:59 left in the game when the official drops the flag. Not :01 left in the NBA when the ref calls an unjustified foul. Not in the bottom of the 9th, 3-2 count, check swing was a ball, but the ump said strike.

The refs gave the Denver game to the 49ers basically. Whatever call they had, stick with it. Stop using the INstant Replay to change a game&#39;s outcome.
VDavis85n'ufsaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 05:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 52
TheBlake is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

I would say the biggest problem is with the replay system. It&#39;s obvious that the people in the booth are seeing something different than we are in some of these games. For example, when we clearly see that someone catches the ball with two feet......out of bounds, but they rule it a catch after review. There is something wrong with that.
TheBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 8,397
JLambert is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VDavis85n&#39;ufsaid &#064; Jan 1st ) [snapback]1842662[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Well, what about one Raider game I believe against the Chargers when somebody spiked the ball foolishly and the Raiders recovered, but the refs muffed that call?
[/b]
There was a big discussion, it wasn&#39;t a fumble according to the rules, the ball is blown dead on intentional forward fumbles.
JLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,673
ouchy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VDavis85n&#39;ufsaid &#064; Jan 1st ) [snapback]1842662[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Well, what about one Raider game I believe against the Chargers when somebody spiked the ball foolishly and the Raiders recovered, but the refs muffed that call? Then in the 49er games when A Bryant catches a 70 yard TD, boom, flag on Harris. Gore runs for a big gain, boom, flag on Harris. My problem with the officiating is this:

They made bad judgement calls, usually in a close game, usually in a playoff, and maybe one day, the Superbowl to really screw somebody> You know what happens when this sort of thing is out of control? It makes the sport bad, simple as that. Everytime you see something good about to come out and hope for your team, there goes the BS call. Officiating does cost teams the game regardless if you feel the better team won or lost. I feel 100% of the game should be played and determined, not 59:59 left in the game when the official drops the flag. Not :01 left in the NBA when the ref calls an unjustified foul. Not in the bottom of the 9th, 3-2 count, check swing was a ball, but the ump said strike.

The refs gave the Denver game to the 49ers basically. Whatever call they had, stick with it. Stop using the INstant Replay to change a game&#39;s outcome.
[/b]
Wasn&#39;t that the same game where the reciever caught it and then fumbled. The defense recovered but the guy was clearly downed...and nobody blew the whistle. The intercepter gets up and and runs, people are running all over the place? It was crazy. Then replay shows it was a catch and the reciever was downed and they call it an incomplete pass in the challenge. That crew was a joke.
ouchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios

 

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2